SASS Wire Forum

Trying to get back distributors

Alpo

9 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Yep!!  Even the bass player, so long as he didn’t do a solo!! :ph34r:

Bass players need love too, you know...Tim Schmit...need I say more?

56 minutes ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

This struck a chord. 
Anyone else remember the “skunky beer” commercials from many years ago or am I the only one?

Calling SDJ and his google fu please. 
Regards

Keystone beer - pretty sure that was who it was - started lining the insides of their beer cans with plastic, so the beer didn't go bad so fast. Referenced "skunky beer" and "bad beer taste".

At about the same time the whole brewing industry started stamping a date on the bottom of the can, so you would know when the beer was made, and if it was "so old" it probably was not good to drink anymore.

I found two cans of beer in the refrigerator, that I knew my brother had left there because I damn sure didn't drink Busch. I checked the bottom of the cans and the date was 10 years previously, so I texted my brother and asked him if he thought the beer was bad and needed to be thrown out.

Replied that there was no such thing as bad beer. That it did not go bad.

I threw it out anyhow. B)

1 hour ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

This struck a chord. 
Anyone else remember the “skunky beer” commercials from many years ago or am I the only one?

Calling SDJ and his google fu please. 
Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:
Gateway Kid

PS I don’t drink Anheiser Busch products as growing up we referred to them as “buttwiper” beer due to their beechwood aging process. Never could develop a liking for it. 

I remember that ad campaign, but all I was able to find was:

https://adland.tv/adnews/budweiser-skunk-alert-1997-030-usa

3 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Keystone beer - pretty sure that was who it was - started lining the insides of their beer cans with plastic, so the beer didn't go bad so fast. Referenced "skunky beer" and "bad beer taste".

I think Keystone was "bitter beer."

4 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Bass players need love too, you know...Tim Schmit...need I say more?

I actually played a little bass in high school.  Not very well, I’m afraid, ‘cause I got told I should stick to singin’! I grew up with Alan Woody of the Allman Brothers Band and Nick Rather who played with J.J. Cale and Leon Russell and I’ve been fortunate to share a stage with the likes of Victor Wooten, Kieth Horn and other phenomenal bass players.

Yessir!!  Good Times!

NOW!  Back to dissing Bud Light!!

3 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

We have several shotgun targets that throw filled soda cans.  Bud might be a better cheaper alternative.

Hate to interject advice into an otherwise good thread. Shooting beer in a can thrower is not a good idea. It is the same as shooting any sugared pop as it attracts bees. Ask me how I know. We only shoot the diet varieties. 

5 hours ago, Cactus Jack Calder said:

Pat, 

I admit I stole this from Alpo. As a Scot I am offended that you think we might drink light beer. Only single malt for any good Scot. So there! :P

CJ

Okay. Now we have it confirmed. They are not kilts after all. They are skirts. :P

Okay, I am ducking…

8 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Don't say it, Joe!  Don't go near it!  Just go to a different thread....

8 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

I was thinking about a baaaaad joke but I resisted. Shear luck.

8 hours ago, Alpo said:

What?

"Why do Scotsmen wear kilts? Because sheep can hear a zipper 50 yards away."

Is that what you weren't going to say?

8 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Nope!  Not I!  I would never say that.

I was thinking of a different joke.

Okay, I'll do it!

I have no sympathy for AB, but how would you dispose of 100 million cases of beer without getting beat up by the environmentalists? Recycle the aluminum and paper board is not hard but all that beer?

My guess is that they have already solved the problem on a smaller scale, but how?

3 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I have no sympathy for AB, but how would you dispose of 100 million cases of beer without getting beat up by the environmentalists? Recycle the aluminum and paper board is not hard but all that beer?

My guess is that they have already solved the problem on a smaller scale, but how?

Ship it to the Southern border crossings? :rolleyes:

Archived