SASS Wire Forum

Trying to get back distributors

Alpo

I would love some of that action. Have you ever shot a can of warm beer with a CCI Stinger? Fun times!

You could also get some PVC pipe and make a beer cannon then launch beers so your friends could shoot “BLeet” - Bud Light Skeet or “BLap” - Bud Light Trap. It would just depend on how much room you have to play. 

The scrap aluminum could be sold by the pound to offset ammo costs. 

7 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I would love some of that action. Have you ever shot a can of warm beer with a CCI Stinger? Fun times!

You could also get some PVC pipe and make a beer cannon then launch beers so your friends could shoot “BLeet” - Bud Light Skeet or “BLap” - Bud Light Trap. It would just depend on how much room you have to play. 

The scrap aluminum could be sold by the pound to offset ammo costs. 

That would mean purchasing Bud Light thereby supporting Anheuser Busch...no thanks. I try not to support companies that support things that I strongly disagree with. That list is VERY long. 

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

That would mean purchasing Bud Light thereby supporting Anheuser Busch...no thanks. I try not to support companies that support things that I strongly disagree with. That list is VERY long. 

They’re giving it away

I'll take a case for free so I could go out and shoot it! ;)

1 minute ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I'll take a case for free so I could go out and shoot it! ;)

If it was free, I'd drink it, fill the cans with water and THEN shoot 'em. Why waste...good...so-so...beer!:rolleyes:

Strange thing, though, I was at the Friends of the NRA dinner and some guys were buying and drinking it.  My favorite country bar and grill still sells some, and I guarantee there isn't a liberal anywhere near.  Never cared for light beers, or any Bud product, so no hardship.  Everyone has their own standards and reactions to offense.  I tend to be pretty one way.

45 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Strange thing, though, I was at the Friends of the NRA dinner and some guys were buying and drinking it.  My favorite country bar and grill still sells some, and I guarantee there isn't a liberal anywhere near.  Never cared for light beers, or any Bud product, so no hardship.  Everyone has their own standards and reactions to offense.  I tend to be pretty one way.

If God would have meant for men to drink light beer he would have put them in skirts…Oh, wait!

I wondered when they would have an issue with too much beer on hand.  Beer has a finite shelf life and the huge drop in demand means they probably have a lot sitting around.  When you hear of bars going from 2 kegs a week to 2 bottles, that’s a huge problem for the brewer.  I expect the bud light business is built on turns and it’s not turning right now.  I am sure it’s hurting them more than they admit. 

56 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

A lot of people simply don't follow the news, and may not have heard about it.

9 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

If God would have meant for men to drink light beer he would have put them in skirts…Oh, wait!

A08BBDD0-4616-41CB-BA3F-AED92CD2C152.jpeg.c72c316694fd8f99b646468b75234a6c.jpeg

Pat, 

I admit I stole this from Alpo. As a Scot I am offended that you think we might drink light beer. Only single malt for any good Scot. So there! :P

CJ

If it was free, I'd drink it, fill the cans with water and THEN shoot 'em. Why waste...good...so-so...beer!:rolleyes:

Bad beer is better than no beer.

As far as the taste, there are times, say after being out setting fence posts or such, that having something light, cvold, and mildly alcoholic that you can just knock back rather than sip is quite welcome.  

1 hour ago, Rip Snorter said:

I tend to be pretty one way.

Really?  YOU being "pretty one way?"  I hadn't noticed! :lol:

17 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I was at the Friends of the NRA dinner and some guys were buying and drinking it.

They were doing their civic duty.  Whoever hosted the dinner had already paid for it.  They were just helping defray the cost by buying it.

2 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

They are giving it away rather than throw it away.

We have several shotgun targets that throw filled soda cans.  Bud might be a better cheaper alternative.

They didn't have enough Bud Light for everyone to shoot so they figured they might as well drink it. You know, good manners and all.:rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Alpo said:

As a Scot, you should use a nice shaggy Highland sheep, not a donkey.

Sheep1.jpg.9efc7fccb72334be74a54a794cb91073.jpg

I was thinking about a baaaaad joke but I resisted. Shear luck.

3 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Don't say it, Joe!  Don't go near it!  Just go to a different thread....

What?

"Why do Scotsmen wear kilts? Because sheep can hear a zipper 50 yards away."

Is that what you weren't going to say?

7 minutes ago, Alpo said:

What?

"Why do Scotsmen wear kilts? Because sheep can hear a zipper 50 yards away."

Is that what you weren't going to say?

Nope!  Not I!  I would never say that.

I was thinking of a different joke.

25 minutes ago, Still hand Bill said:

I wondered when they would have an issue with too much beer on hand.  Beer has a finite shelf life and the huge drop in demand means they probably have a lot sitting around.  When you hear of bars going from 2 kegs a week to 2 bottles, that’s a huge problem for the brewer.  I expect the bud light business is built on turns and it’s not turning right now.  I am sure it’s hurting them more than they admit. 

This struck a chord. 
Anyone else remember the “skunky beer” commercials from many years ago or am I the only one?

Calling SDJ and his google fu please. 
Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:
Gateway Kid

PS I don’t drink Anheiser Busch products as growing up we referred to them as “buttwiper” beer due to their beechwood aging process. Never could develop a liking for it. 

I tend to be pretty one way.

RIP!!

I’ve talked to folks that know you and they confirm that you ain’t pretty NO WAY!!  :rolleyes: :lol:

9 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

RIP!!

I’ve talked to folks that know you and they confirm that you ain’t pretty NO WAY!!  :rolleyes: :lol:

Well, somethin' must have got me all the pretty girls I dated as a young guy.

38 minutes ago, Alpo said:

As a Scot, you should use a nice shaggy Highland sheep, not a donkey.

Sheep1.jpg.9efc7fccb72334be74a54a794cb91073.jpg

Thank You Alpo. I stole that one too.

I’m sure I’ll find a use for the picture and sentiment.

CJ 

Good point!

4 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Well, somethin' must have got me all the pretty girls I dated as a young guy.

It’s called pity!!  :o :lol:

There were lots of us who benefited by it!!

4 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

It’s called pity!!  :o :lol:

There were lots of us who benefited by it!!

Not me I played in a band, and Blackwater I know you did as well so you should know this,  the ugliest, stinkiest guy on the planet could still get lucky cause he was in da band!:lol:

55 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Really?  YOU being "pretty one way?"  I hadn't noticed! :lol:

They were doing their civic duty.  Whoever hosted the dinner had already paid for it.  They were just helping defray the cost by buying it.

Okay, that’s weird. I did not say that. That was Rip Snorter. How did the Wire quote Rip then put my name on it?

8 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Not me I played in a band, and Blackwater I know you did as well so you should know this,  the ugliest, stinkiest guy on the planet could still get lucky cause he was in da band!:lol:

Yep!!  Even the bass player, so long as he didn’t do a solo!! :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Okay, that’s weird. I did not say that. That was Rip Snorter. How did the Wire quote Rip then put my name on it?

Might have been my screw up.  I quoted two phrases from Rip.  Quoted one and left a comment, then scrolled back up, saw the phrase I wanted and highlighted to quote it.  I may have quoted you quoting him.  That would show up as a quote from you.

1 minute ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Might have been my screw up.  I quoted two phrases from Rip.  Quoted one and left a comment, then scrolled back up, saw the phrase I wanted and highlighted to quote it.  I may have quoted you quoting him.  That would show up as a quote from you.

IDUNNO!  The wire/Saloon glitched on me a few minutes ago!! It wouldn’t accept a reaction. Next it just locked up for about 15 seconds. Then it tried to make me sign in, but it refused to accept my request and then just went back to working like it should.

Like Pat said! WEIRD!!

Archived