SASS Wire Forum

Cinco de Mayo

I hate Cinco de Mayo!!

Said no Juan ever.

Cinco de Mayo is nacho average holiday.

How do they serve beer on Cinco de Mayo?

In Mexi-cans.

When I was growing up I asked my dad what Cinco de Mayo was about.

He said it was Mexico’s version of the Boston Tea Party, where they threw mayo off a ship and people were yelling, “Sink-o de mayo!”

What do penguins like to eat on Cinco De Mayo?

Brrrrrrrrritos.

Leave it to corporate America to find a way to create a holiday in this country celebrating the events in another country in order to sell alcoholic beverages and associated food, garments and paraphernalia. Weird. :lol:

Or as obama called it, Cinco de Quatro.

:huh:

I don't participate, I'm an American of Italian descent.:FlagAm:

What do you call a group of skunks drinking tequila?

Stinko de Mayo.

I’ll be bringing my Cinco de Mayo leftovers to work tomorrow.

Looks like it’ll be tacos de reincarne for lunch!

How do you break up a Cinco De Mayo celebration?

Call Nine Juan Juan.

May the 4th be with you.

May the 5th be Cinco de Mayo.

What’s the only major difference between Cinco de Mayo and Saint Patrick’s day?

Nobody wants to pretend to be a Mexican for a day.

What do you call a country musician celebrating Cinco De Mayo?

Arriba McEntire.

I remember the first time I heard about Cinco de Mayo. It was 1984. I was at Tequila Willie’s in Manhattan Beach CA and a pretty girl in a bikini top and a little beach wrap skirt was asking me and my friends if we were coming to the Cinco de Mayo celebration on Saturday. I asked what Cinco de Mayo was and she said it was “Some Mexican holiday everybody celebrates here. I’m new here so I really don’t know” …or something along those lines. 
Everyone I asked at work had no idea about CdM, but they did know where the best deals on alcoholic beverages and where the best parties were going to be.

I went to the library and looked it up and was baffled about the whole thing, but being a former sailor and the offer of booze in vast quantities on the cheap was all I needed to know for the time being. 
The party was a blast! Scantily clad young ladies and men all in the same place for a good time on a beautiful sunny day. Fun stuff!

My mother was a high school French teacher. She said one year on Cinco de Mayo, some of her students said that they saw the Spanish classes having a party. Her French students started advocating joining- "Madame! Madame! Can we go to their party?"

"Sure, we can go over there and let them beat us up, if you want. Otherwise, no!"

Well, I always thought it was funny.

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I don't participate, I'm an American of Italian descent.:FlagAm:

Me, too, plus French, German, and Swiss, Scots, Irish, English, Welch, and Waloon.....and my family has been on these shore since jusy nine years after the Mayflower landed.

I AM a native American, as most people I know are.  Not indigenous (although by definition I could probably lay claim to that, too), but by definition, a native.

I don't recognize Cinco De Mayo, Martin Luther King Jr. Day,  Cesar Chavez's Birthday, or any other made-up holiday to make a racial comment.

Sorry, folks, I just calls 'em as a sees 'em.

1 hour ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

202 years ago today Napoleon died.  

So today is sinko de Napoleono :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

CincoDeMayo.jpg.bf640ce09443970810e84e78be419baf.jpg

You have no life, do you? 

Aaand... today Midsouth Shooters Supply is having a .22 ammo sale:

Plinko de Mayo~!   :lol:

So is Brownells

Calling it the same thing

Cinco de Mayo is a day, in America, for everybody that's Mexican to wave Mexican flags and show their great patriotism for Mexico.

They don't have enough patriotism to haul their happy asses back to Mexico, but they've got all this patriotism and they wave Mexican flags everywhere.

While coming home from walking the dog I noticed that one of my neighbors is flying a flag. An American flag. I've never seen him fly one before, so I presume he is flying one to make a point - that this is not Mexico damn it so don't fly Mexican flags.

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

How I spent Cinco de Mayo on the 6th!

IMG_3172.JPG

I'll go along with the serape, but that looks more like a Hawaiian pineapple picker's hat, than a sombrero.

4 hours ago, Alpo said:

I'll go along with the serape, but that looks more like a Hawaiian pineapple picker's hat, than a sombrero.

Don't beat on me Alpo. It was all they had here in Canada. Not so many folks of Mexican descent.

BUT: I can get double duty out of it!

If I turn the brim down, it becomes a Cooley hat and I could take part in and celebrate the Qixi Festival!!!

Looking forward to THAT one!

* That'll send ya to  GOOGLE!

2 hours ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

that hat looks like it has had a few close calls with a shotgun blast :o

CB :P

I debated trimming off the flyers, but then thought (Dangerous, I knowLeave it and give someone a chance to comment!! LOL

* And it worked!

bleh-tongue-out.gif

Archived