SASS Wire Forum

New Navy recruitment ad

They shouldn't have any trouble finding anyone to 'be in the barrel' while out at sea.

:o

It'll give a whole new meaning to the phrase....."Up Periscope".

..........Widder

22 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

My Wife's theory is that it is an attempt to push it so hard that the rubberband breaks and normalcy returns.  She is a lifelong optimist.

Interesting thought, she could be into something!

Just what we need, a military of Trany cross dressing drag queens.:angry: Can we get any worse in the eyes of the world.

It is obvious that the Navy and the DOD has learned absolutely nothing from the Anheuser Busch debacle.

May the Navy figures that the Chinese are scared of transvestite sailors...

1 hour ago, Rip Snorter said:

My Wife's theory is that it is an attempt to push it so hard that the rubberband breaks and normalcy returns.  She is a lifelong optimist.

I had similar thoughts a few days ago.  Social trends, in general, swing left and right sort of like a pendulum.  When this pendulum finally reverses the swing to the right will be scary.  It just might go to the oppressive theocracy that so many of the left claim we have now.

39 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I had similar thoughts a few days ago.  Social trends, in general, swing left and right sort of like a pendulum.  When this pendulum finally reverses the swing to the right will be scary.  It just might go to the oppressive theocracy that so many of the left claim we have now.

Yeah, too far either way isn’t good. 

I’m surprised they haven’t used the In the Navy song by the Village People!:lol:

Being a Marine, I spent some time on Navy ships and Naval Air Stations. I have to say that even back then the Navy seemed to prefer people like this guy to people like Tom Cruise' Maverick. Shaking hands with a Naval Officer was like grabbing a dead fish according several Marine Officers of my acquaintance.

7 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I’m surprised they haven’t used the In the Navy song by the Village People!:lol:

Gotta admit, didn't know whether to use the Haha or Sad emoji...used the Haha.

1 minute ago, Cypress Sun said:

Gotta admit, didn't know whether to use the Haha or Sad emoji...used the Haha.

I hear ya! It’s funny and sad at the same time! :o

10 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Being a Marine, I spent some time on Navy ships and Naval Air Stations. I have to say that even back then the Navy seemed to prefer people like this guy to people like Tom Cruise' Maverick. Shaking hands with a Naval Officer was like grabbing a dead fish according several Marine Officers of my acquaintance.

Never mind. It’s not worth it. 

9 hours ago, Muleshoe Bill SASS #67022 said:

All I can say is:

Dude looks like a Lady

Believe it or not, that song was actually written about Vince Neil, lead singer for Motley Crue...as if the members of Aerosmith didn't look the same way.:huh:

A senior Marine NCO was retiring before he had to.  When asked why, "Well, Sir, first it was forbidden, then it was don't ask, don't tell, I'm leaving before it becomes compulsory".  As with many jokes, a bitter grain of truth.

Archived