SASS Wire Forum

Wonderful evening

I just finished a championship quality hamburger (half pound of the best ground sirloin I could find fried medium rare, a finely chopped and fried in butter Burmuda onion, baby Swiss cheese, Hormel Black Label bacon, homemade pureed tomato catsup, and a bit of good old fashioned French's yellow mustard), fresh mushrooms sauteed in butter, a cold bottle of sarsaparilla, and a pair of orange cranberry muffins with butter.  My dog sat politely by my feet and are her supper of smoked duck, pepperoni, and beef jerky.

I have a lattice top Dutch apple pie cooling to eat in about twenty minutes with aerosol whipped cream because I have never successfully been able to whip cream.

Finally we are watching a favorite movie with the best bar fight ever filmed (The Great Race), a marvelous food fight, some swordmanship, and Natalie Wood...plus a fun flick to watch for the fiftieth time or so.

Tomorrow I get my  sixth six month (three years now) check up of my absolutely amazing implanted pacemaker, and then pick up my Dad's rebuild Stevens / Montgomery Ward Ranger 12 gauge shotgun that will be given to my son-in-law for his birthday.  My gunsmith has made sure it's ready to shoot and restored it inside and out to near perfect condition.

Life is good.

:D

Would sure like to see a picture of your Dad's shotgun.  My Dad also had a Ranger shotgun (equivalent of Stevens 311) from catalog order in 1930.  It was stolen in a burglary from my mother's house, took me four years to track it down, but recovered it.   Wouldn't take anything for it now that I have it back.

8 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

You're coming here?

Crap, I coming to you.  

Maybe we can wave as we pass each other.

Why dont we meet at Blackwater's ? He like surprises!!

Imis (and everybody else...y'all come)

8 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Hey 4 T!!

Those implanted Metronome thingies are splendiferous!!  Had mine for 'bout 10 years now.  Actually time for a New Battery.

Look at Medtronic Micra.  Battery is supposed to be good for almost 14 years.  I hope I live long enough to see for sure.  Got my mechanics checked today and got a 100% clear mark.  Going in next month for the organic (ME) part of the check up.

Hard to believe all that fits in a package about the size of a .22 LR cartridge with no external parts at all.... and it's already becoming obsolete.

Hey Tom, just heard that Tracy at Zeke's wants to hire you to make your burgers for her restaurant.  But, if you decide to pass up this "very high paying job", at least make some for your Thursday morning Cowboy breakfast friends.

Hope to see you tomorrow at breakfast.

5 hours ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Why dont we meet at Blackwater's ? He like surprises!!

Imis (and everybody else...y'all come)

Then I'd have to included him at the table.  I've seen him eat and I'd rather buy his clothes than feed him.  He's kinda like a biological Kirby vacuum cleaner.  :o  :lol:

5 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Let me get this straight.  You started your evening by eating part of an old dead ground up cow?  :P

That was part of a conversation my best friend's parents had:
On their way back from town, his Ma was tired:  "Let's stop at Burger Chef and get supper."

Pa:  "No, don't think so."

Ma:  "Why not?"

Pa:  "They make them burgers out of dead cows."

Delivered in a deadpan monotone, with a perfectly straight face: after a quick glance at the dismay in his wife's expression, he relented, and they ate dead cow that night for supper.

12 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

That was part of a conversation my best friend's parents had:
On their way back from town, his Ma was tired:  "Let's stop at Burger Chef and get supper."

Pa:  "No, don't think so."

Ma:  "Why not?"

Pa:  "They make them burgers out of dead cows."

Delivered in a deadpan monotone, with a perfectly straight face: after a quick glance at the dismay in his wife's expression, he relented, and they ate dead cow that night for supper.

And a salad of dead leaves.

Archived