SASS Wire Forum

Out of the mouth of babes

Sixgun Seamus

My 4 year old granddaughter and I were sitting on the couch watching an episode of her favorite Disney+ show, Doc McStuffins. We were eating some chocolate covered raisins when she held one up in front of my face and announced, "Papaw, this one looks like butt cheeks". Gotta love'em.

I'm sure you grandpa's out there had similar experiences. 

Trust an innocent child to call it like it is!!

Actually, we need more of that.

From adults.

When my son Frank was about 5, we were eating dinner, chicken, mashed potatoes and peas. My son poked the peas with his fork and asked, What the he$& are these things”? :lol: 

We just laughed and told him that was not a nice word!

1 minute ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

When my son Frank was about 5, we were eating dinner, chicken, mashed potatoes and peas. My son poked the peas with his fork and asked, What the he$& are these things”? :lol: 

We just laughed and told him that was not a nice word!

....... "peas" is not a nice word ?  :huh:

..... who knew  :o

My grandson Nick The Kid was a great learner. His folks left him with my wife and I for about a week one time and I taught him to say “ Did everything come out alright” every time my wife came back from the restroom. Well his folks got home and about 3 days later I got a call from my daughter telling me that she didn’t appreciate me teaching her son that, seems he started doing it at home with her and her friends when they would visit.

My husband's four year old niece was staying with grammy while mom was at work.  One of grammy's friends came over and was prattling on and on about some such.  Melissa walked up and tugged on grammy's pant leg, looked up and said "That's bull s#it, grandma".  She told us later that Melissa nailed it.  The stuff her friend prattled on about really was BS.

25 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

....... "peas" is not a nice word ?  :huh:

..... who knew  :o

He never said peas, he didn’t know what they were! 

14 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

My grandson Nick The Kid was a great learner. His folks left him with my wife and I for about a week one time and I taught him to say “ Did everything come out alright” every time my wife came back from the restroom. Well his folks got home and about 3 days later I got a call from my daughter telling me that she didn’t appreciate me teaching her son that, seems he started doing it at home with her and her friends when they would visit.

Way to go, grandpa. Don't our children realize that corrupting our grandkids is not only a sacred right but also our sworn duty.

About a month ago our 10 year old grandson informed his parents that there is one rule at Papa's and Gia's:  "everyone gets what they want."  They replied that it was not a rule in their house.

Granddaughter Brooke about 6 was helping me watch the Audie Murphy movie The Guns of Fort Petticoat. There was a boy in the story carrying a rifle.  She asked, "Why does he have shooty boots on?".  What she was really asking was why he had a rifle. 

8 hours ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

My 4 year old granddaughter and I were sitting on the couch watching an episode of her favorite Disney+ show, Doc McStuffins. We were eating some chocolate covered raisins when she held one up in front of my face and announced, "Papaw, this one looks like butt cheeks". Gotta love'em.

I'm sure you grandpa's out there had similar experiences. 

She's learning well and early.

If she finds the right guy when she's old enough, they should make a couple to have over for dinner.

When my Grandson was 8 he came to visit my wife and I for two weeks in Oregon. I took him out shooting. He wanted to shoot my KelTec P3AT because it was “a cool little gun.” I told him it packed quite a punch in recoil and they do. Hated shooting that little.. Loved carrying it. 

Anyway, I give him the run down on the gun and he takes aim and fires. Even with earplugs in I heard the muffled “Son of a b****!”. He quickly laid the gun back down on the table without clearing it as he was taught. I guess he really didn’t want that evil little gun in his hands any longer. :lol:
I said “Eric, what was that?”

”What do you mean, Pappy” with a slight reddening of his cheeks.

I said “What was it you said after shooting the .380?”

”I said ‘man, that thing hurts.”

”That’s not what you said, is it?”

He looked at something interesting on the ground at his feet and said “No”

”What did you say?”

He looked at me and “I said ‘son of a b****’ Pappy, but that gun hurts and it’s loud too and it surprised me.”

”That’s what I thought you said and you’re right, that little gun is a son of a b****. Don’t tell your Nana that you said that.” Then I winked at him then asked if he want to try another handgun. He said “No, I think I will stick to rifles for a little while.”

Later that day after dinner he was talking to his Mom, my daughter, on the phone telling her about the great day he had and then out of the blue, clear as a bell, with a huge grin on his face Eric says “Mom, Pappy let me say ‘son of a b*****’ today when we were shooting!….Yeah, he’s right here, hold on.” Then he handed me the phone…

We had Brooke and Alex for 12 years.  Alex was pretty quiet.  But Brooke didn't have a thought in her active brain that didn't come out her mouth. Umm, where did dirt come from?  Umm.. Who made dirt?  Ummm.. Couldn't we gather up all the dust in the world and throw it away?  On an on.  Alex riding with her in the back seat, "Make her shut up!".

5aeb4e6644d44_GirlsWithMushroomsApril2018.jpg.4fb8e953af8c3116f57babedb6f7cf36.jpg

It is always fun to just glance at a picture - not really look at it, just take a quick glance.

The girl in the green appeared to be holding a chocolate chip cookie in her left hand, while the girl in the blue looked to have a pail full of quail chicks. The mushroom in her hand disappeared against her hair, and I didn't even see it.

The back story was, I had been mushroom hunting with little success.  Then found one.  Got to looking I had walked by several and could see more around. I picked a few and seen more.   It was about the time the girls got home from school.   So I decided to go get them and give them the thrill of picking them. They went after them like rat terriers.   I kept pointing them out. As you see it was a nice haul.  Finally,  the supply was exhausted.   "Let's pick some more!" But we have to find them first.  Took them up a trail were we always find a few. They were impatient. "Well, where are they?" Like I wasn't producing them.  We did find a few smaller ones.  They were ready to quit if it's only looking and not picking. 

I remembered a story my mom used to tell of me.

I was raised bi-lingual German.  We spoke German at home until I went to school. 

I was just learning how to speak.  I was in a high chair in the kitchen with my mom while she was baking.  My mom had just taken a pie out of the oven.  She had put it on a rack on the counter to cool.  I pointed at the pie and said "heiß".  (hot in German).  Mom couldn't believe I said that so she pointed at the pie and I said "heiß"  She wanted me to say it one more time to make sure she understood what I said so she pointed at the pie again and I said "Damn hot".  She knew where I learned that from.............

Old family story.  I don't remember it but had been told a thousand times.  When I was a toddler,  dad took me for my first store bought haircut.  I must have been reluctant.  They said I pulled my head in like a turtle and said, "You don't want to cut my hair. They say I have lices.".

Archived