SASS Wire Forum

May 1st in Da UP

And here I thought I was being hard done by, with a week of rain and temperatures in the 40's and 50's, affecting my ability to cut the lawn. 

Sorry Pards.

33 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

And here I thought I was being hard done by, with a week of rain and temperatures in the 40's and 50's, affecting my ability to cut the lawn. 

Sorry Pards.

Don’t let a little bad weather stop you 

image.jpeg

And if you already put the snowblower away. I still have the blade and the front end loader on my tractor. If I had taken it off you can guarantee the storm would have went far enough south to get me 

image.jpeg

I spent the winter of '68-'69 in Cheboygan, Michigan.  It's the reason I'm in Missouri now.

That's way north of us here in NE OHIO, but we're supposed to get a dusting tonight as the temp is dropping into the 30's. Probably nothing will stick, 60's by Thursday and the weekend!

You yuppers are a different breed  :) I knew one Air force guy , wanted to put Mushrooms in Chili and BBQ sauce on Prime rib ( not as a dip but to coat it and bake it with it on )YUK

That being said 60 here today and still usually have another good Blizzard before Memorial day 

32 minutes ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

You yuppers are a different breed  :) I knew one Air force guy , wanted to put Mushrooms in Chili and BBQ sauce on Prime rib ( not as a dip but to coat it and bake it with it on )YUK

That being said 60 here today and still usually have another good Blizzard before Memorial day 

Mushrooms are great In chili along with kidney beans. But I don’t put anything on prime rib or a good steak except mushrooms and onions 

14 minutes ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

My mom met a guy from Florida, said the coldest Florida winter he ever experienced was the summer he spent in the U.P. 

I was up there in late summer once and went swimming. The water temp was well over 60!

2 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

I was up there in late summer once and went swimming. The water temp was well over 60!

They say Lake Superior never gives up her dead. I’m by Lake Huron and it’s usually August before it’s comfortable in 4’ of water. It’s always been a great way to cool off on a hot summer day 

1 hour ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

It's in the upper 70's and low to mid 80's here and has been for a few weeks.

That's what you get for living so close to Canada. :P

It’s just the price you pay for milder summers and less bugs and snakes 

My uncle told me that if Michigan doesn't have it, a man doesn't need it. After I got old enough to hunt, fish and meet a couple farm girls, I firmly believed it! 

20 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

image.png

image.png

As the top picture was revealed while scrolling I expected something about the brown and tan deck.  Keep scrolling.  Bam!! Now the entire deck is white.  Thanks for the childhood comic book flashback.

1 hour ago, Cayuse Jack, SASS #19407 said:

Bob, what clubs in MI do you shoot at?

Right now I don’t. The closest to me is Sucker Creek . I plan to eventually join there. I used to belong to Field and Stream but haven’t been there in years . Right now I just have too many irons in the fire 

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Right now I don’t. The closest to me is Sucker Creek . I plan to eventually join there. I used to belong to Field and Stream but haven’t been there in years . Right now I just have too many irons in the fire 

When you decide to get back at it, message me. I'll drive up and join you.

Warm places don’t get cold enough to set the bugs back. One of my X girlfriends was from So Cal so I’ve spent some time down there and it seemed  like everyone had roaches. Even when the Orkin man visits regularly. They all told me you need to mt your trash every night before you go to bed or you will have an infestation in the house . 

Archived