SASS Wire Forum

Starlink, if you have it do you like it ?

Buckshot Bob

I signed up about 10 months ago and just got my email today that I can sign up for the next 7 days or I lose my place in line. They refund your money so it’s a no risk thing is anyone is thinking of doing it. 
So to the point, if you have it how do you like it 

YES and we love it !!!!!!!

We had AT&T since Al Gore first invented the Internet (lol).  We got real tired of AT&T poorly maintaining their street DSL lines, dishonest and terrible customer service (having to deal on a 5-hour phone tree with a half-dozen subcontracting companies ; all calling themselves AT&T, but none of them knowing what the other legs were doing--or even how to reach each other),  and paying extra for 75 mbps but getting less than 3 (that's THREE!)

We kept them for years because there were no other ISP companies  servicing our location. 

We finally hung them up and ordered Starlink. 

The Starlink package  came 3 weeks later.  (I understand the wait is longer now, due to Starlink providing equipment free of charge in Ukraine).

Everything was there in the box.  It almost sets itself up.  You use their phone AP  to test reception and select an antenna location.  It actually works really well!

I had to build a 45' antenna pole to get above my pecan orchard, but once I had the antenna mounted and the cable brought inside the house, I plugged it in.  <15 minutes later I had uninterrupted service at over 75mbps download speed and about half that for uploads.  That is with 70'  trees still extending well into the antenna field. 

It took a few minutes for the antenna to self-rotate and locate satellites. But since then there have been NO down periods or slow downloads/uploads.  All of our WIFI equipment auto-connected without any frustration.

I will say it is the best designed, most durable and most honestly represented product that I have bought in a very long time.  I ordered it because about 8 or 10 of my neighbors and friends gave very high recommendations.  They were not overstating the product.

And if you turn out not to like it, you can send it back-- no questions asked-- for 30 days.

ADDED:  I suddenly felt a cold chill and had to look back to be sure I read the OP correctly-- didn't write all of that about Starlink when you were asking about Starline!

An added bonus will be the 42,000 satellites they will eventually have in orbit will make a barrier protecting us from alien invasion. ;)

I have been using the tmobile 5g Hotspot for a year now. I get about 2 bars of connection and at least 50meg up and down mostly near 80meg. 

$50 a month no contract unlimited data.

They just ran fiber and had to trench cause of the rock shelf in my yard but in the near future I get gig speeds and no worries about cell connection. For the first time in ever.

I looked at starlink and signed up for the beta but passed for 2 reasons. Initial cost and trees all around me

Archived