SASS Wire Forum

Long Hunter's

Long Hunter SASS #20389L

Howdy,

I'm realigning my business. We have dropped all shotguns from the website. Jared has always done these and he's moving on to building experimental airplanes. I fully support his decision to find something outside of the gun industry. I wouldn't advise any young person to go into this industry. We're under attack.....

At my age, it's time to slow down a little and enjoy my family and grandkids. We'll continue our parts supply along with selling and performing action work on 73/66's, Marlin's, cartridge SA Colt clone's and Ruger SA revolvers. 

Outside of my teenage grandson's helping out with the small stuff, I have no intention of hiring or training anyone else. 

Thank you,

Long Hunter

"I've posted this message in the Merchant Forum, but with Misty's permission I post it here so that more folks can be made aware of the transition." 

LH,

You, your work and your reputation are a credit to this sport/game we have enjoyed for years.

Thank you for all you've done and all the help you have given many of us.    I wish you well

in your decision to 'slow down' a little.    Enjoy your years....... and take time to find some joy

hanging around Jared and enjoy his venture.   Its all good.

God Bless.

..........Widder

Understandable.  Family is very important, needs time to spend with them.  Thanks for the many years of supporting SASS and providing all of our cowboys and cowgirls the necessary tools to play in this game.  You are greatly appreciated.  See you out on the trail. 

Wishing the best in your business changes. Hope down the road more young folks learn from you seasoned smiths, so our sport continues with the same credibility. 

Enjoy your family while you still can. Glad to hear you're not closing shop.

All the best in whatever you choose to do in the future. Enjoy the grandkids , kick back and relax you have certainly earned it. You have been a legend in the game for a lot of years and a hero/inspiration to many (including me). 
Respectfully

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:
Gateway Kid

Your videos were invaluable when I started SASS. Thank you Jim.

Really appreciate the well wishes but I'm not going anywhere. Just cutting back the workload a little. I dropped the black powder revolvers, 1911's and now the shotguns. Going back to my roots. It's going to give me more time to smell the roses. :-)

Thanks to everyone for your understanding!! 

Not ten minutes ago I just installed two of your new firing pins in my Stoeger.  Then I came on here.  At least you will still provide the parts.

Good for you Jim!  Time to enjoy life a little bit more and spend time spoiling the grandkids.  I realize you’ll still be around but thanks for everything you’ve done for the sport and it’s many shooters . . . myself included, nevertheless..

A great big thanks for all that you have done for me personally and for all of us. All the best to you! Have fun! 

I am very grateful to Jim for the knowledge I gained through his videos and conversations, firearm parts, and my Longhunter Stoeger and Longhunter CZ Sharptail.  He is a true gentlemen, champion, and representative of our sport.

Best Regards, Bear Claw

sorry to hear of this resource going away but as a double retiree thats had multiple careers and is working a menial retirement job to get out of the house a little i get it  , there comes a time in life when we need to redirect , i wish you good luck 

Always a pleasure to shoot with and talk too!  I'm glad I got two of the CZ's from you this past year!  I'll send you a picture of the second one when it's refinished.  See you on the range sometime!  Enjoy.

JB

LongHunter,

Glad to hear you are still in the business and fully understand the slowing down and enjoying the family life.

Thanks for all you have done and will continue to do for CAS. I was watching some of your videos again last week.

I'm still using the leather and USFA Rodeo's I got from you when I first got started.

I wish you all the best and hopefully will get to meet you in person someday.

Bear Saint Paw

Best wishes to Jared and to you Jim, glad your still selling what you listed, your always my go to guy when I need a new gun or parts!

Jim, I've basically gone through the same plan of cutting way back on gun work. I still do a little, but enjoy my time spent with family. Those Grandkids grow so fast that if you don't take the time you will miss a lot of good memories.

Good luck,

J.M.

Never had the privilege of meeting you but I thank you and enjoy what what you have done for our game. My wife shoots a full action job 73 from your shop, my shotguns contain parts from you and I still enjoy watching your DVD's to remind me of how I should be doing things correctly. I hope someday our paths cross and I get to meet you in person. 

The very best of wishes to you and your entire family.  I still have the '66 that was your display model at the SASS Convention in the 2006-2007 timeframe.  Far too beautiful a rifle to ever part with. Hopefully the extra time will allow you to come out to more matches so we can all enjoy your company once again.  Hope to see you out on the range very soon.  Your friend, Bull. 

Good luck Jim. Your videos have been and still are one of the best promotions of our game that I have seen. Enjoy those grandbabies!!!

Take Care

Jax T

Jim,  

This is such a deserving move for you.  You have been such a good friend thru the years and a awesome contributor to our sport in so many ways.  Enjoy more pleasures taking care of Gail and family.  You are very blessed, and I feel blessed for knowing you, Gail, & family.  I cherish the time spent in your home, on the road together, shooting together, and a few other memories (like at Paul's in Scottsdale, ha)..

Hope to see you soon Son.  Maybe while at Pampa in June.

bb

Archived