SASS Wire Forum

Primers

The Surgeon

Bruno shooters supply ( https://www.brunoshooters.com) has free shipping and free hazmat on cases of primers from Remington or CCI if anyone is in need and hasn't been able to find any locally. they are 444.75 a case. as of this posting they have 14 Remington cases and 14 cci cases. 

Just now, Lucky Lead Pepper said:

Never heard of Brunos...can they be trusted?

I ordered a case last night and got an order confirmation. ill update when I receive my order, However I googled them before I ordered and they seem legit. 

My LGS has had Lpp, SPP, Sr, and Lr for over a month. Only problem is that it’s $100.99 per 1000. 

1 minute ago, Tennessee Trapper Tom said:

My LGS has had Lpp, SPP, Sr, and Lr for over a month. Only problem is that it’s $100.99 per 1000. 

none of the places around me have stock I just loaded up my last 300 primers. figured at 89.00 a brick that's about the best I could do right now. 

13 minutes ago, Lucky Lead Pepper said:

Yes.  They have been in Phoenix for years.  I go there quite often as it is not far from my house.

I've also bought in person from Bruno's several times.  Real shop.  Usually good supply of modern rifle and pistol components.

good luck, GJ

6 hours ago, The Surgeon said:

none of the places around me have stock I just loaded up my last 300 primers. figured at 89.00 a brick that's about the best I could do right now. 

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/federal-small-pistol-magnum-primers-200-box-of-1000-200-p-112110.aspx have them for $88 a thousand and if you order 5,000 you get free shipping. Still have to pay a $30 hazmat fee but this is the cheapest price I have seen in a long time and I have ordered from them numerous times and they are legit.

TM

On 4/26/2023 at 3:27 PM, Texas Maverick said:

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/federal-small-pistol-magnum-primers-200-box-of-1000-200-p-112110.aspx have them for $88 a thousand and if you order 5,000 you get free shipping. Still have to pay a $30 hazmat fee but this is the cheapest price I have seen in a long time and I have ordered from them numerous times and they are legit.

TM

Best prices going today, and I KNOW!!

On 4/26/2023 at 4:27 PM, Texas Maverick said:

TM

88 per thousand with hazmat makes it 94 per thousand. Free shipping and hazmat from Bruno is 89 per thousand. 

11 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I posted this on another thread.  These were the prices at last week's Phoenix gun show.  No hazmat, no shipping, no limit on how many you could buy.

IMG_2746.thumb.jpeg.a4d9e9f43a48d1152dc600f1a5c2900c.jpeg

That doesn't do me any good in Pennsylvania... the last gun show here was 2 weeks ago. It costs $12 bucks to get in and all the primers were 100 per 1000

I was in a store this morning in Clearwater, Fl. They had CCI 209 shotgun primers @ $50 per 1,000 and CCI Lrg rifle primers for the same price/quantity. Didn't buy any as I don't use either.

On 4/26/2023 at 10:15 AM, Lucky Lead Pepper said:

Yeah, I've ordered from Brunos many times and have had no issues.  They may not have the cheapest price, but are always competitive with the going rates.  They also seem to have things available that others don't for us reloaders on a regular basis.  They do have their stock issues as well, but seem to do pretty good at getting things in and I like the way they update me of availability via e-mail.  They also often run "No Hazmat Fee" sales that can save money as well.  I'd recommend them to anyone and have done so many times.  Good luck and good shooting to all.    

I'm going to post to SASS Wire this website one last time.  The stocking inventory of all primer types are updated daily, sometimes to the minute.  The website is used by other shooting sports and is very reliable.  Lots of primers out there too.  Always accurate information and surprised at this point that SASS folks don't save and use this available information.  

SHOOTINGBOT.COM

Go to the primer section, then pick the type you are interested in and see what is available, when the information was updated and prices.  Links also take you directly to the websites who have the primers etc.  

4 hours ago, Pb Mark said:

I'm going to post to SASS Wire this website one last time.  The stocking inventory of all primer types are updated daily, sometimes to the minute.  The website is used by other shooting sports and is very reliable.  Lots of primers out there too.  Always accurate information and surprised at this point that SASS folks don't save and use this available information.  

SHOOTINGBOT.COM

Go to the primer section, then pick the type you are interested in and see what is available, when the information was updated and prices.  Links also take you directly to the websites who have the primers etc.  

That's how I found Bruno's.

On 4/27/2023 at 7:47 PM, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I posted this on another thread.  These were the prices at last week's Phoenix gun show.  No hazmat, no shipping, no limit on how many you could buy.

Wow, great price right now.  I have been buying them a little cheaper than that at my Sportsman’s Warehouse but you can only buy 200 per day. Takes a lot of trips but it’s better than most online prices.  I there had been some at that price during EOT.

Randy 

15 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Wow, great price right now.  I have been buying them a little cheaper than that at my Sportsman’s Warehouse but you can only buy 200 per day. Takes a lot of trips but it’s better than most online prices.  I there had been some at that price during EOT.

Randy 

Don’t you hate quantity limits? I would have to make three trips a week. My completely unscientific estimate is that it costs me about $3 just to crank up the Camaro, so I’m probably better off paying shipping.

Thanks for the link @Texas Maverick I just bought 5,000 Federal SPP. they cost $10 more than Federal magnum SPP, but by today’s standards still a deal.

10 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Don’t you hate quantity limits? I would have to make three trips a week. My completely unscientific estimate is that it costs me about $3 just to crank up the Camaro, so I’m probably better off paying shipping.

Thanks for the link @Texas Maverick I just bought 5,000 Federal SPP. they cost $10 more than Federal magnum SPP, but by today’s standards still a deal.

Just curious, why not buy the Magnums? That is my primer of choice.  Sportsman's is mostly on my way to church and lately I've been doing security there at least 3 days a week so I usually stop by on the way home. It also takes a lot less to start my old Chevy truck.

Randy

47 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Just curious, why not buy the Magnums? That is my primer of choice.  Sportsman's is mostly on my way to church and lately I've been doing security there at least 3 days a week so I usually stop by on the way home. It also takes a lot less to start my old Chevy truck.

Randy

I’ve heard the magnums are harder. I’ve used them, and will again if needed, but I’ve been sticking to standard and match for a while now.

3 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I’ve heard the magnums are harder. I’ve used them, and will again if needed, but I’ve been sticking to standard and match for a while now.

So far I’ve never had a problem with the magnum, I’ve been using them since 2017 at least, probably longer. 

Randy

On 4/30/2023 at 6:56 PM, Captain Bill Burt said:

I use Federal SP magnums and I have not found them to be any harder than the standard.  The only reason I use the magnums is that if I happen to have a squib, the magnum primer will push the bullet out of the pistol barrel.  That's the only reason and it's maybe saved me twice in 15 years.  It's not worth paying any more for magnum primers but for the same price, why not?

On 4/26/2023 at 7:15 AM, Lucky Lead Pepper said:

I buy from Bruno's ALL the time.  Great friggin place in Phoenix area.

On 4/27/2023 at 8:47 PM, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

At this price I would change the hammer springs back and buy the Winnies.

On 4/30/2023 at 5:56 PM, Captain Bill Burt said:

I use both and haven't seen any difference in them except the mags seem a little hotter but nothing that is an issue.

TM

On 5/9/2023 at 4:17 AM, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I use Federal SP magnums and I have not found them to be any harder than the standard.  The only reason I use the magnums is that if I happen to have a squib, the magnum primer will push the bullet out of the pistol barrel.  That's the only reason and it's maybe saved me twice in 15 years.  It's not worth paying any more for magnum primers but for the same price, why not?

actually the mags were less, not sure why that is but they are.

TM

34 minutes ago, Texas Maverick said:

I use both and haven't seen any difference in them except the mags seem a little hotter but nothing that is an issue.

TM

I've never had an issue, but OTH, I know of other Cowboys who have reported the magnums are harder and the gunsmith who did a couple of rifles for me did testing that showed magnums are slightly harder.  As I said I've used them before and in a pinch would use them again.  Fortunately right now primers are relatively plentiful so I've stocked up on standards and match.

On 4/26/2023 at 10:15 AM, Lucky Lead Pepper said:

Yes. They are legit. I know lots of cowboys who use them. In Arizona. 

Hugs!

Scarlett

Archived