SASS Wire Forum

now I'm a real SASS member

14 minutes ago, Forest Gun Germany said:

very gladly.  when and where?

Here.

Bottles, help this new Pard out. ;)

And Bottles, just use that tab on top of the pile…unless it’s mine. :D

Bottles is our imaginary bartender. 

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS and Welcome (again) Forest Gun. :)

3 minutes ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Well that has to take place near you no real Hefe's here . We have a Bavarian style brewery Shiner and they do okay  and some small ones , But real Hefeweizen  not so much . 

like here, I have space and beds for guests in the house.  but until then, do you think the government would confiscate a mail package containing liquid Bavarian food?

12 minutes ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Well that has to take place near you no real Hefe's here . We have a Bavarian style brewery Shiner and they do okay  and some small ones , But real Hefeweizen  not so much . 

I just checked, a 5kg package to the US would cost €47.99 = ~$50.  bit much for some Hefeweissbier

Forest Gun, are you familiar with Kitzmann beer? I loved their Hefeweizen when I was in Erlangen for work back in 2010 and 2011. I no longer drink, except here in the Saloon, but I would have to say that was the best beer I ever had. 

1 minute ago, Forest Gun Germany said:

like here, I have space and beds for guests in the house.  but until then, do you think the government would confiscate a mail package containing liquid Bavarian food?

Well ,  technically yes, But  The amount of this that get sent "undeclared and unknown" is well very High .

When we in Iraq  wifes would take the Pringles chip cans open it , take a San Benedetto green tea empty it  and refill it with Liquor put it in the Pringles can with a few chips on top reseal can and ship it :)  

High possibility I will be in Germany for a couple days before going to Pakistan here later this here  

3 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Forest Gun, are you familiar with Kitzmann beer? I loved their Hefeweizen when I was in Erlangen for work back in 2010 and 2011. I no longer drink, except here in the Saloon, but I would have to say that was the best beer I ever had. 

Ahh the 300 year old brewery sadly they closed appx 2018 

10 minutes ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Ahh the 300 year old brewery sadly they closed appx 2018 

no, I only know Kitzmann by name, I've never drunk it.  I'm in the south of Bavaria, in my neighborhood, is the "smallest" brewery in Bavaria, https://www.brauerei-leidmann.de and they have the best beer for me.  

It is probably only allowed to import 1 liter of beer into the USA (as a tourist) and the shipment of alcohol is prohibited in the USA????  Google just told me that.  These are the things I, as a German, cannot understand.  it is normal to order alcohol over the internet, ok no beer but special whisky, rum, liquor etc.

37 minutes ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

We  went on a daytrip from The US Edelweiss resort to Benediktinerabtei Ettal  and then spent the day at a lake near there  after 13 months in Iraq it was nice 

So funny to see this too legal age 16 not our 21

16.PNG

what can I say, at 16 you can buy beer and wine and also drink in public.  you don't have to hide anything.  hard stuff, like whiskey, is legal at 18.  but most of the villages in Bavaria get their first drunk under the age of 14. If your parents are present at a festival, or the supervisors of a club, you can also drink alcohol at the age of 14.  just don't buy it yourself.

I brought some Schlenkerla Smokebeer from Bamberg in my suitcase for my daughter's beer tasting group.  I could not drink the stuff but the group thought it was interesting.

I'm still stuck at "liquid Bavarian food".:lol:

I'll guarantee that I'll be using that one.

Congratulations Forest!

I hope that you are able to visit the US and experience the people, the culture, the firearms and the natural wonders. I know that if I could, Germany is tops on my list of Countries to visit.

Willcomen!!

We are hoping to return to Bavaria to see my family some time next year.  May we look you up when we're there?  We will be near Bad Tolz

6 hours ago, Calamity Kris said:

Willcomen!!

We are hoping to return to Bavaria to see my family some time next year.  May we look you up when we're there?  We will be near Bad Tolz

Hello, I'm about 100 km east of Munich, near Altötting. My mother comes from Bad Tölz, I still have many uncles, aunts and cousins there.

Archived