SASS Wire Forum

Ruger Super Single Six 32H&R hammers

Captain Blaster Mike

I was extremely lucky to find a brand new pair of 32H&R birdshead grip SinglexSixes for my wife.  Her small hands were proving to be a problem with finding a pair or guns for her to use in gunfighter category. 

Now that she has these birdsheads, she is very happy, but, is still having minor issues with easily cocking the hammers. 

I'm in the throes of replacing the hammers on my vaquero 45's with super blackhawk hammers. The wife has asked if there are similar low spur hammers for her pistols. I've done some googlefu  but nothing showed up.  Does anyone in the US SASS scene know if such things exist?

Personally, I don't know the answer to your inquiry.

BUT....... this I do know from personal experience:   the hammer 'spur' can be cut and repositioned

to make the hammers similar to SBH hammers.   I've had it done and seen others that were cut and 

repositioned.   And unless the welder showed me where they were welded, I would have never

noticed.

There are a few of our smiths that do this but the one I used was LASSITER in Ohio.   Excellent gunsmith

and great person to deal with.

..........Widder

I've purchased from Ruger the Bisley single six hammers and used them on several sets of 32's. I prefer them to the super blackhawk hammers even on the full size Rugers.

J.M.

FYI the Bisley hammers are not a drop in.  They have a distinctive hump on the back of the hammer that has to be gournd off to fit the standard plow handle grip frame.

DSC_0002.thumb.jpeg.4c246dd3f50987a9a7687e0e5213d1ea.jpeg

Archived