SASS Wire Forum

Oh My Gopher! We’re all gonna die…or not

Pat Riot

TEOTWAWKI = I have a chicken. He is little.

The news media was, maybe still is, flipping out over the sun storm activity of late and how it could get very bad for us here on the 3rd planet. Some media outlets even went so far as to say this may be end of the world…teotwawki

Now, I don’t completely understand all the acronyms and phraseology used on this website but I am not seeing the drama here…

https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/reports/3-day-forecast.html

Also, I was out shopping yesterday. I didn’t see a bunch of guys in LL Bean clothing wearing 20 year old eyeglasses, ratty sensible shoes with looks of quiet desperation running around buying flat carts loaded with cases of Ensure, beef jerky and cheesy poofs at Sam’s Club. :lol:

The food of the ancients never goes off...

I see no X class storms forecast those are the ones I worry about.

Somebody, Somewhere, is always predicting that "Tomorrow" is the end of the world.

When it does happen, we will never know about it till the day after..... :D

..........Widder

3 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Somebody, Somewhere, is always predicting that "Tomorrow" is the end of the world.

..........Widder

Exactly! :lol:

By my yardstick we are already past the angle of repose and the downhill slide has started.

It's just a matter of how far and fast at this point we go down the slippery slope.

56 minutes ago, Marshal Dan Troop 70448 said:

Will this disrupt the Climate and is the cause due to our dependency on Fossil Fuel be the cause? 

The Sun God is angry.

Yes.

BUT, if we all pay more taxes and eat bugs the politicians will figure out a way to save thems us all.

Trust me.

I wouldn't lie to you.

I'm a Liberal.

7 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

..........Widder

So... Let's get some T-shirts printed that say

"The End of the World was Yesterday! Live with it!:lol:

7 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

..........Widder

:o

7 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Exactly! :lol:

It's already tomorrow here ...... 

......... the after life seems very much like the former life ...... and Russia is still  trying to conquer Ukraine ........  :(

7 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

Today is my wife's birthday. If I don't slip out and get her something, it's the eotwaiki.

..... tell her Happy Birthday from us  :wub:

22 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

It's already tomorrow here ...... 

So... The T-shirts should say:

The end of the World already happened in Australia! Live with it!:P

Well, so far today there have been some bigger magnetic pulses from the sun. 
This is from an App called MagStorm

IMG_5042.thumb.png.8b768e986fa3cfc000fe8c5a52c1c972.png

1 hour ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

.................. maybe ......

JEArngEct63lZGOC.jpg

I thought we were talking about the sun and magnetic pulses, not half-moons and other impulses. But thank you for sharing.

Hopefully posts do not get merged, the above post was for fun. This post is serious.

A Carrington event today would be catastrophic for modern society, there really is no practical way to quickly repair or replace all the blown power systems, transformers, even metal gas lines that might explode.

Nuclear reactors depend on the grid for power to cool the plants, they can not use the power they generate. These plants depend on the grid they are feeding... Which suddenly would not be there requiring immediate cooling of those same power plants:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrington_Event

25 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

Hopefully posts do not get merged, the above post was for fun. This post is serious.

A Carrington event today would be catastrophic for modern society, there really is no practical way to quickly repair or replace all the blown power systems, transformers, even metal gas lines that might explode.

Nuclear reactors depend on the grid for power to cool the plants, they can not use the power they generate. These plants depend on the grid they are feeding... Which suddenly would not be there requiring immediate cooling of those same power plants:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrington_Event

So does this mean EVs won't have a place to recharge??

11 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

At my age I have soooooooo much more to fret about than this useless crap.

When it does happen I'll just sit on the veranda and watch.

No kidding! :lol:
The world or life as we know it has been threatened at least a half dozen times in my adult life. Or the monetary system is going to fold and we all need gold to give us the edge we’ll need to survive. 

I just want to be somewhere with a view when they aliens finally decide to appear. I want to see the looks of shock on so many charlatan’s faces. Of course they’ll probably be loading them up on the cattle ships first, I hope. “How to serve man” and all that. :lol:
How cool would it be if Michelle Obama was one of the first? She was pushing all this nutrition on people. “Eat right!…so the aliens get a better cut of grilled human on their tables.” Hahahaha :lol:

IT’S A COOK BOOK!!!!  :o

Archived