SASS Wire Forum

Rig(belt and holster)holder ideas???

Fill Yer Hand

I'll bite and see if I'm dumb.

Mine are coming this week.

The plan is to put it together and hang it over a fat wooden coat hanger.

May also just let it hang from the buckle over a coathanger.

My holsters have retaining screws so they will stay in place.

I don't plane to do anything fancy but if I need to I'm open to suggestions. 

Except for ready holsters, not SASS, the holsters live in a drawer, the belts hang, buckle up on coat hooks.  I have also, when dry, gently rolled gun belts and stored them in a drawer as well.  No problems with any of the gear.  I am in a dry climate.

I have a number of rigs for different styles, different guns, Wild Bunch, etc.  I used to carry about half of them like this.  Probably not the best idea :) but it worked.  Now I keep about half of them hanging on a wooden hat/coat tree in the house, some more in a leather bag in the back seat, and only one rig in the trunk.

image.thumb.jpeg.893ba5d98e35e7da40a8af3960593c7e.jpeg

I leave mine on the bench for a day or so, then roll sorta and put it back in my cart box til next match. No issues in all these years!

I bought a carpet bag and keep my shooting glasses, ear plugs and rolled up leather in it. Then when match time I know it is all in one place and just grab my gun cases and the carpet bag and load them in the truck and off I go.

TM

I stuff a tennis ball (with a 1” cut) into each holster then put in a big canvas bag my wife gave me that she got at Lands End. Even has “Hoss” monogrammed on it! Description says will hold 500 lbs. after I put my guns, ammo, leather, some other flotsam/Jetsam in it it might come close!!!  

Archived