SASS Wire Forum

Disappointed with customer service from Standard Manufacturing

Marshal Fire, SASS 10064

Two weeks ago I placed an order directly with Standard Manufacturing. I have looked at several of their firearms and have found them to be well made. I order by phone a 1911 from the company, paid with a credit card. My local FFL emailed them a copy of his license as they requested. I was told that all was good and they would be shipping via two day the handgun. Standard Manufacturing said the gun would arrive at the FFL by Wednesday of last week.

The FFL never received the gun last week so I sent Standard Manufacturing a email asking for shipping information and an update on the shipment.

I never received a reply to my email. Monday I called Standard Manufacturing about the status, the employee told me she saw the email,but forgot to reply. She looked up,the status of the gun, told me that it should have been shipped out but in fact was still there. She told me it would ship that day and be at the FFL on Wednesday.

as of date the FFL has not received the gun. I again called Standard Manufacturing. They looked up the records and said the gun has not shipped and that they were missing the FFL. After providing them with the name of my FFL and the date the email with the license the employee got back on the phone after putting me on hold and said they found the FFL and confirmed my credit card payment. He promised (just like the others) that the gun will ship out today and be at my FFL by Tuesday.

I am disappointed that all contacts with Standard Manufacturing were initiated by me even when they thought that there was no FFL. Three times the gun was promised to ship the day I have called.

I suspect had I not followed up on the purchase and shipment the gun would be sitting at their office. They did manage to charge my credit card the date of purchase.

Former employer HAD computer/Internet customer support staff that didn’t match up to their résumé’s.  Their standard operational procedure was to give a plausible answer to get rid of the customer.  Check caller ID to see if same customer is calling, let phone ring so a different employee would answer the call.  Merry go round and circus.

Marshal sounds like that is what was happening to you. 

Ask for the manager of the sales department at beginning of next call and wait on phone until they connect.  I'd be pretty sure that person will want to get this straight.  Or the company goes in the tank sooner rather than later.

good luck, GJ

Interesting listing of complaints

It appears to be the same company but seems they like to reply it is a different company with the same address

too bad as the 1911 they make looks unique and the saa is nice but good products also should have reasonable customer service

4 hours ago, Marshal Fire, SASS 10064 said:

Two weeks ago I placed an order directly with Standard Manufacturing. I have looked at several of their firearms and have found them to be well made. I order by phone a 1911 from the company, paid with a credit card. My local FFL emailed them a copy of his license as they requested. I was told that all was good and they would be shipping via two day the handgun. Standard Manufacturing said the gun would arrive at the FFL by Wednesday of last week.

The FFL never received the gun last week so I sent Standard Manufacturing a email asking for shipping information and an update on the shipment.

I never received a reply to my email. Monday I called Standard Manufacturing about the status, the employee told me she saw the email,but forgot to reply. She looked up,the status of the gun, told me that it should have been shipped out but in fact was still there. She told me it would ship that day and be at the FFL on Wednesday.

as of date the FFL has not received the gun. I again called Standard Manufacturing. They looked up the records and said the gun has not shipped and that they were missing the FFL. After providing them with the name of my FFL and the date the email with the license the employee got back on the phone after putting me on hold and said they found the FFL and confirmed my credit card payment. He promised (just like the others) that the gun will ship out today and be at my FFL by Tuesday.

I am disappointed that all contacts with Standard Manufacturing were initiated by me even when they thought that there was no FFL. Three times the gun was promised to ship the day I have called.

I suspect had I not followed up on the purchase and shipment the gun would be sitting at their office. They did manage to charge my credit card the date of purchase.

After reading this thread, it's my opinion that you need to call your CC company asap.

Each time they stated they would be shipping the gun I requested the tracking info. Never received it until, today. This afternoon received full tracking info and an expected delivery date of Tuesday.

I hope all is well with the shipping and the gun, it is hard to be optimistic that the company would handle any problems with the gun.

Sorry this happened to you. They are , can't say or I'll be blocked.

They ran ads on Gunbroker some time back that they had a bunch ready for shipment.

Several 357's and 45's. they said they had 5 4.75" 45's. I called BEFORE I bid as they were all "buy now" and

Not an auction.  I called and asked about consecutive serial numbers. they could NOT answer as they were NOT built yet.

When I asked about the 5 available they said they were in fact "building" 5 in 4.75" bbl, but had no

idea when they would be completed. Well sorry but if they are not built yet how are there 5 available?

One limp excuse to any and all my questions.   I know a cpl "senior" SASS members who wouldn't touch one after bad

experiences with them.  Find one of Mike  Bellivieu's (sp), old reviews they threatened him with legal action after less than a glowing review.

Archived