SASS Wire Forum

Well I bought an EV today

DeaconKC

My Missus has been wanting something to run around our neighborhood with the g'kids. So I broke down and found her one. All electric, got the charger installed in the garage and everything. It needs a little TLC, but not bad. And she likes it!

golfcart 1.jpg

golfcart 2.jpg

Just now, Cypress Sun said:

Who are you kidding...you bought an electric gun cart that you're gonna let your wife use!!!:rolleyes::D

I told her that and she just gave me "The Look"...:blink:

It's just for here in our subdivision. Golf carts are as common as 22s.

8 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

I told her that and she just gave me "The Look"...:blink:

Absolutely nothing good comes from "the look". :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

Did you give it to your wife as a gift?

If so, I hope someone got video.:o

:lol:
No, I bought it to mow the lawn. It does a good job too. Dual batteries and I can almost do the whole lawn on a single set. 

The Suburban in the background is hers though. :D

46 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

No, I bought it to mow the lawn. It does a good job too. Dual batteries and I can almost do the whole lawn on a single set. 

Does it run on two batteries too?

6 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Does it run on two batteries too?

:D Nope! Lots and lots of nectar of the Gods of the Underworld. ;)

10 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I prefer a Briggs and Stratton engine on my lawnmower.  It's easy to see the health of the engine by the color of smoke it belches out when you crank it.  Any color of smoke coming from that battery powered lawnmower is bad.

41 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I prefer a Briggs and Stratton engine on my lawnmower.  It's easy to see the health of the engine by the color of smoke it belches out when you crank it.  Any color of smoke coming from that battery powered lawnmower is bad.

Me too. But this one was $140. Thought I would try it out. So far it’s been a good investment. 

Our old faithful Kawasaki Mule had to go to shop for repairs.   Mary had to have some kind of UTV on the farm.  A little long home video on her HiSun Sector just made for a buddy that showed interest.  Got my Mule back so we're a two UTV couple.  I didn't mention that it has power steering. 

15 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

My Missus has been wanting something to run around our neighborhood with the g'kids. So I broke down and found her one. All electric, got the charger installed in the garage and everything. It needs a little TLC, but not bad. And she likes it!

golfcart 1.jpg

golfcart 2.jpg

This morning when I was coming home after turkey hunting I passed a house that obviously must refurbish and sell carts just like the one you bought. They must have had 25 of them. 

I think we were told that Mary's HiSun is able to be licensed.  Has the lights,  turn signals,  etc.   

There is a place in Mexico, Missouri that builds galf carts so often see truck loads in transit.  I think, in Missouri,  golf carts a legal on streets with 35 or lower speed limit without license. 

Went out and scrubbed on the little beast this morning. Turns out it was built in '96. So a bunch of scuff marks came off, but there are some scrapes that will need to be touched up, but the Missus said she might just get some stickers to cover the scrapes! Might wind up looking like a Hippy VW from the 70s!

21 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

It's just for here in our subdivision. Golf carts are as common as 22s.

You ACTUALLY seen a 22 !?!?  Extinct around here.

Archived