SASS Wire Forum

Yul Lose

I built a few lid lifts for some some small boxes that I’m building and decided to try inlaying gold (imitation) gold leaf into the fractal burn. This one is my first attempt, learned a lot and will try it again on down the road. The wood is ebony.

FD823384-FBB7-4A30-8877-E38977D7C8AC.jpeg

21CFC3AE-297A-48AC-9C2D-B007950B32E0.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Be very careful with that Lichtenberg burning.  That process is exceedingly dangerous.  

I am, although not all burners are the same. 

42 minutes ago, One Gun Jimmy said:

Pretty slick work there...you say first time?

Could have fooled me!!

I’ve been doing the fractal burning for a few years but this was my first attempt at the gold leaf inlaying. 

4 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

I’ve been doing the fractal burning for a few years but this was my first attempt at the gold leaf inlaying. 

Honestly, awesome job.

I've been interested in fractal burning since I seen a guy do bright ocean blue epoxy in the burns on a table.

I do some turning, like to do some bowls this way

8 hours ago, One Gun Jimmy said:

Honestly, awesome job.

I've been interested in fractal burning since I seen a guy do bright ocean blue epoxy in the burns on a table.

I do some turning, like to do some bowls this way

Check out Conestoga Works, they build and sell the burner. Very safe compared to the home built units that have killed many people. PM me if you need more info.

14 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Check out Conestoga Works, they build and sell the burner. Very safe compared to the home built units that have killed many people. PM me if you need more info.

I'll check it out tonight!!

Appreciate the info

Archived