SASS Wire Forum

Is there another option now?

Rumor has it that this is how they got rid of Jimmy Hoffa!!

2 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Thought Hoffa was in a 55 gallon drum buried at a landfill.  Read some mob sourced article.

Ole Jimmy is dust.   Totally gone.

That way, if anyone ever decided to talk, there would still be no body, no evidence.

And if anybody knows, it would be Blackwater.   And what he knows...... we don't wanna know.

..........Widder

Latest is they want us to be composted.  :huh:

"Dang, Louise, but them 'maters taste kinda different this year!"  :unsure:

Screen-Shot-2021-07-13-at-2.49.08-PM-1024x778.webp

12 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Latest is they want us to be composted.  :huh:

"Dang, Louise, but them 'maters taste kinda different this year!"  :unsure:

Screen-Shot-2021-07-13-at-2.49.08-PM-1024x778.webp

Ah, Soylent Dirt. 

I have asked to be cremated. Honestly, I’ll be dead. I probably won’t care what happens to me. 

For the cost of composting one could get a direct cremation and the family can throw a great party with the remaining $3000-$4000 ;)

I told the Missus I would like to be cremated. She said I have an appointment Thursday...

Honestly, I've always wanted to be buried at sea.   But the Navy won't bury me at sea unless I'm killed

on ship during a war, or some worthy conflict.    Other than that, the Good Lord is gonna get me

regardless.

..........Widder

We already paid for our cremations, to save the relatives later. Reasonable when paid in advance. Felt strange though.:P

6 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Honestly, I've always wanted to be buried at sea.   But the Navy won't bury me at sea unless I'm killed

on ship during a war, or some worthy conflict.    Other than that, the Good Lord is gonna get me

regardless.

..........Widder

I know at least one person who had his ashes scattered at sea by his family.  No big expense or issue, just a boat ride.

18 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

We already paid for our cremations, to save the relatives later. Reasonable when paid in advance. Felt strange though.:P

I went to a funeral one time. Old lady. She wanted to be cremated. She had paid to be cremated.

But her family would not allow that - that was disrespectful. So they had her embalmed and put in a box and put in the ground. Didn't matter what grandma wanted - this is what we want!

Strange people.

1 minute ago, Alpo said:

I went to a funeral one time. Old lady. She wanted to be cremated. She had paid to be cremated.

But her family would not allow that - that was disrespectful. So they had her embalmed and put in a box and put in the ground. Didn't matter what grandma wanted - this is what we want!

Strange people.

Again simple, a required condition of the will.  Do as required or all assets go to NRA, GOA,(pick a worthy cause).

8 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Again simple, a required condition of the will.  Do as required or all assets go to NRA, GOA,(pick a worthy cause).

It's what my wife and I did.  Her ashes are scattered at the gravesite of her parents and sister.

I want mine scattered by plane over the IRS so some of those pukes will look up and get a piece of me in their eyes. 

On 4/18/2023 at 8:07 AM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

regardless.

..........Widder

Friend had his scattered at sea off the fantail of a cruise ship. He inquired with the cruise line about it but they told him no way.  He left instructions for the family to book a cruise and take his ashes along . Once at sea they were to have a toast in his memory then sneak out to the fantail with the urn when it wasn't busy, remove the lid, and drop the urn with his ashes overboard.

Another friend had his scattered over his grand parents grave. Cemetery said no way but they did it anyway.

On 4/18/2023 at 9:07 AM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

regardless.

..........Widder

Widder, check this out. I believe you are eligible. These folks can help. 
https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Support-Services/Casualty/Mortuary-Services/Burial-at-Sea/

On 4/18/2023 at 9:35 AM, Alpo said:

Strange people.

She could have had a will and that would have taken care of her wishes.

When I lived back in western WA. we had a very nice shooter who passed away who belonged to our CAS club.  He was a U.S military veteran.  At one of our matches we had a 21 gun salute for his family.  But it was a little bit different.  All 21 shotgun rounds fired had some of his ashes in them.   His wife said this is where he wanted some of his ashes spread because CAS, other than spending time with wife and family, was for the last years of life, "the most fun he had with his pants on."   There wasn't a dry eye on the range that day.

We have agreed to do the same for which ever one move on first. We've done it twice at matches I've been at for passed Pards.

I went to the funeral of a family friend at the local crematorium a good while back.

... as the mourners gathered for the service the sombre/mournful music being played was "You Can't Rollerskate In A Buffalo Herd" by Roger Miller.

...... the ceremony concluded with curtains surrounding the casket (which then moved to the oven) and Johhny Cash sang "I Fell Into A Burning Ring of Fire".

...... Des was like that ......

...... His wife was farewelled yesterday, the music of departure was "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" by Johnny Lee and Lane Brody.

...... same crematorium.

Archived