SASS Wire Forum

How efficient is a pool filter?

Alpo

I was watching Dirty Harry last night. The first victim was a girl in a swimming pool. When Scorpio shot her there was blood in the pool. When the cops got there, no blood.

Right now I'm watching Magnum Force. They threw a specialSATCHEL charge in the pool and then opened up on the 8 or 10 people with a machine gun. You'd think there'd be blood all over the place. Very little.

I'm sure this was to keep their M rating, but I wonder if bunch of people got shot in a swimming pool, if the pool filter would clean out the blood?

I saw her naked several years ago in High Society. So topless isn't any big whoop.

Plus I always thought Janet was better looking than Chrissy.

for the record i liked jannets ;looks better as well ........

having done pool maintenance for a few years and having my father as a supervisor , i was told it was minute of pee ...not at all sure how blood might calculate in that equation but i do remember a couple injuries that dissipated almost immediately - the chlorine took care of it quickly 

Having seen a relatively small pool containing the body of an individual who drown after smashing his head into the deck (and we all know how much head wounds bleed), it seems like a solitary person either doesn't have enough blood to make a visible difference when diluted by the volume of water in a pool, or the filter is able to remove the hemoglobin. I suspect the former. Even if all a person's blood made it into a 15 X 25 foot pool with a 3 foot shallow end and 8 foot deep end, the ratio would be on the scale of 1 (red stuff) to 10,000 (water). Put another way, that's one drop in over three cups, and since only about half of the components in blood have color, that would be like one drop of food coloring in over six cups of water. 

Archived