SASS Wire Forum

Insurance Surprise

So here I sat earlier today, when my phone rings.

Turned out to be a gal from the local Farmer's Insurance office.  Seems my policy is up for renewal ~ and, of course I want to renew the policy.  Gotta have it.

Then came the surprise - "Well, Mr C, I have to tell you there's going to be a rate change.  Your cost will be dropping about three hundred dollars this year!"

Well, I'll be dipped in Copenhagen!  Something actually went DOWN in cost??  :huh: 

I'll take it!  :lol:

Some good news! That’s great Hardpan. :D

I am sure I am not the only that saw this and thought “Awe crap! What are “they” up to now?”

Sweet deal, now you have money for 2 dozen eggs. ;)

1 hour ago, Dantankerous said:

Sweet deal, now you have money for 2 dozen eggs. ;)

And 3/4 of a pound of bacon:lol:

Just be sure there isn't some change in important coverage.  I found that my Agent (different big company) doesn't seem to do anything anymore.  After my car was hit it was a long, tedious crawl through various "Centers" to get anything done.  Eventually resolved but in the days I had active agents it would have all been done for me.

41 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

That NEVER happens in Florida...NEVER.

Like others have stated, I'd be wary of changes to the policy.

Alabama's insurance rates, like Florida's, are tied to the risk of natural disasters (read that hurricanes and tornados).  We in North Alabama pay a higher rate because of beach houses on about 35 square miles of sand in the Gulf Shores area.

You might even be able to buy a pound of powder and 100 or so primers.

But I would look carefully at the exclusions on your new policy.

15 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

So here I sat earlier today, when my phone rings.

Turned out to be a gal from the local Farmer's Insurance office.  Seems my policy is up for renewal ~ and, of course I want to renew the policy.  Gotta have it.

Then came the surprise - "Well, Mr C, I have to tell you there's going to be a rate change.  Your cost will be dropping about three hundred dollars this year!"

Well, I'll be dipped in Copenhagen!  Something actually went DOWN in cost??  :huh: 

I'll take it!  :lol:

Bet they called the wrong number :lol:

I have Farmers and got my renewal two days ago. My rates increased obviously to pay for yours. You're welcome. 

9 hours ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Alabama's insurance rates, like Florida's, are tied to the risk of natural disasters (read that hurricanes and tornados).  We in North Alabama pay a higher rate because of beach houses on about 35 square miles of sand in the Gulf Shores area.

Well, you do get more than your share of tornadoes. I remember one year folks were driving 46 miles into Tennessee to get gas. I saw them drive by. I used to live 32 miles north of Alabama.

Farmers here in North TX almost doubled my premium. So now I am with Farm Bureau.

A co-worker has a home just across the river in Oklahoma. Farmers notified him that they would not renew his policy. No reason given. He hasn't had a homeowners claim in over 20 years.

Archived