SASS Wire Forum

Book of 46 Sweeps Available for Download

Popcorn Kelly

Howdy from Illowa Irregulars, home of the 2023 Illinois State Championship,

There is a current post on the SASS Facebook page asking for examples of stages, with quite a few responses along with several offers to share stages from various matches and clubs around the country.  I ran across an old Book of Sweeps discovered deep in our archive a few years ago.  This set of match cards contains 46 different three-, four-, and five-target sweeps, along with their commonly referenced names (some of them have multiple names).  I have no idea when this was put together, but it's been quite a while.  Along with a few standards you'll recognize, there's certainly a number of interesting sweeps not often seen today.  

I shared the book on the SASS Facebook page, but thought I'd share it here, too.  If you download them, you'll see there are some edits written on a few of the cards, perhaps representing a correction or clarification on that stage.    

As always, if you are looking for something to do in August, take a look at the 2023 Illinois State Championship.  

Popcorn Kelly

Illowa Irregulars Match Director Sweeps.pdf

That CREEKER sweep is pretty awesome.

Amazing, stupendous, incredible!

I bet the author of that sweep is witty, handsome and has a huge...

Oops - I'm still logged in as Creeker, aren't I? 

Dang it!  Never mind - nothing to see here - move along.

All joking aside (yeah, that's it - play it off like you were just joking), ahhh nuts - I typed that out.  Dang it again!

Seriously, the effort to compile a book of sweeps is commendable and appreciated.

And if you wish - the Creeker sweep works on Three targets just as well as on Five.

And if you REALLY like it - I have Zelle, CashApp, Paypal or Venmo for any gratuities.

im hoping to get down and shoot there this year if i can fit it to my schedule and those that seem to rest my schedule regularly , 

thanks for the download 

Went down a rabbit hole of collecting sweeps a while back, shelved with this much done.

The reverse look-up works for a couple of things:

- Identifies the name for a sweep based on the number of targets and pattern.

- Makes it easy to find if there are other names for the same sweep.

Anyway, this is what I had when I put it down.

Cowboy Sweep Reverse Look-up.pdf Cowboy Sweep sorter by name.pdf

Archived