SASS Wire Forum

209 primers in stock

Jack Spade

BPI, Ballistic Products Inc.  Has Federal 209 shotshell primers in stock for 69.99/1k.  Haven't seen any of these in a long time. 

I've been so happy with the Cheddites, which BPI always has and less expensive than anyone else, that I don't see myself using anything else.  But if one wants Federals, that's a good price.

A fellow I shoot Sporting Clays with bought some of these reclaimed Federal 209s from BPI about a year ago.  They all fired, but he said there was powder stuck on the primers and they did not feed well through his progressive shotshell reloader.

I saw that the ad said reclaimed, but I've never heard of that and thought maybe it was a misprint.  Now I know!  I'm a little surprised that Federal would do that.

15 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

I saw that the ad said reclaimed, but I've never heard of that and thought maybe it was a misprint.  Now I know!  I'm a little surprised that Federal would do that.

Not saying who, but someone on the Wire a few years back was trying to sell used primers.....

Maybe Federal bought your surplus used primers to refurb.

La Sombra

Graf and sons has Cheddite 209 for 62.99/1000.  Free shipping for over 200.00 worth of purchase, ends tonight.  Just bought a case few days ago.  just passing it along. 

54 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Federal DOESN’T do it. It’s strictly a small business thing.

I bought some reclaimed Federal/CCI Large Rifle last year from a specialty ammo manufacturer in Dallas. $50 per 1000. I sold them all eventually, but got no feedback on how they performed.

Till tonight. Just heard from someone who bought some last year. He said they worked fine for him, and did I have more?

Evidently there are people who buy surplus ammo and break it into components and resell the components!

I had never heard of such a thing before!

These mainly come from new production shells that don't pass final inspection so are broken back down to salvage the components.  This is sometimes farmed out to a small company instead of federal doing it in house.  

Archived