SASS Wire Forum

"Anheuser-Busch sheds nearly $5 billion in value since Bud Light’s Dylan Mulvaney pact sparked outrage"

1 hour ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

There is no way senior management was unaware. That campaign took a lot of time and money to put together and is akin to denying knowledge of a space launch. 

Bingo!! They are just trying to cover their asses now.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny. I didn't notice the two firemen were different races. I did notice that they  were hugging.

You suppose that poor horse's tail was docked, or they just cut a whole bunch of the hairs back?

I think that the groomers for the Clydesdales keep their tails trimmed short as a rule.  It keeps them from swiping a trailing horse when they are in harness and it’s probably easier to keep them clean.

I’ve noticed the short tails in the past.

It DID make for another humorous jab in the parody version!!  :lol:

Have you ever noticed that in "apologies" by liberals they never admit fault or actually apologize?  An apology is "I was wrong and I am sorry."  Have you ever heard a lib say that?

9 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Have you ever noticed that in "apologies" by liberals they never admit fault or actually apologize?  An apology is "I was wrong and I am sorry."  Have you ever heard a lib say that?

Never accept a apology or forgive. Period  Accepting a apology Lets them  make it okay to do it again because your will forgive them . Apologies are meaningless when its only what they think you want to hear.

As far as I'm concerned, apologies have three parts. 

(1) Acknowledge that you wronged me. 

(2) Make right the wrong.

(3) Ask for my forgiveness. 

I may forgive you, but it will be a looooooong time before I trust you again.

But there's also Rule 42: Never accept an apology from somebody who just sucker punched you.

I just had a thought.

This pervert identifies as a 13-year-old girl. Now if he identified as a grown woman, he would need to have boobs, but since he self-identifies as a little girl he doesn't need to get breast implants. Nodding.gif.1c7fcf9e7356e02d9a155de1abcdb2fb.gif

Bozo.png.1d8c882ba088e8e9c4b87be4441b6631.png

Every morning I spend a goodly amount of time reading the major news websites.  CBS, NBC, ABC, MSNBC, CNN, Reuters, Associated Press, FOX, etc.  I look to see what they are reporting and also what they are not reporting.  None of the "mainstream" media is reporting on the Budweiser story.

40 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Every morning I spend a goodly amount of time reading the major news websites.  CBS, NBC, ABC, MSNBC, CNN, Reuters, Associated Press, FOX, etc.  I look to see what they are reporting and also what they are not reporting.  None of the "mainstream" media is reporting on the Budweiser story.

Maybe they’re all afraid of losing Budweisers advertising business if they report on it.

12 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Maybe they’re all afraid of losing Budweisers advertising business if they report on it.

That and it does not fit the narrative on this issue.

1 minute ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

That and it does not fit the narrative on this issue.

Yep, they would have reported how great a promotion it was if Bud’s sales had increased.

FJB now has a different meaning.

Anheuser-Busch is owned by a Belgium company called InBev.  I wonder what the owners will think of the Busch employees that made the decision to engage in politics rather than selling beer.

I am going to Belgium next month.  While I am sitting in Bruges tasting some of the local delites I will have to see if Dylan Mulvaney's photo is plastered on the bottles or cans or on local advertising posters.

16 hours ago, Alpo said:

I just had a thought.

This pervert identifies as a 13-year-old girl. Now if he identified as a grown woman, he would need to have boobs, but since he self-identifies as a little girl he doesn't need to get breast implants. Nodding.gif.1c7fcf9e7356e02d9a155de1abcdb2fb.gif

Bozo.png.1d8c882ba088e8e9c4b87be4441b6631.png

Yet he gets a sports bra deal with Nike…..go figure. Forget the trans part, since when did it seem like a good idea to market a teen in a sports bra? That was creepy and awkward enough in JC Penney and Sears Roebuck catalogues back in the day, but Nike wants to plaster it all over the internet and social media. This is what you call a bunch of dumb assssssuzzz digging in their heels. They’ll show us!

21 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I think that the groomers for the Clydesdales keep their tails trimmed short as a rule.  It keeps them from swiping a trailing horse when they are in harness and it’s probably easier to keep them clean.

It keeps hairs from getting tangled up in harnesses too

On 4/16/2023 at 10:45 PM, Blackwater 53393 said:

This Today ;

Animal rights organization People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) called out the brewing company for the "needless mutilation of horses' tails" over a Clydesdale shown in the ad which told viewers that Budweiser, one of the company's brands, was "rooted in the heart of America."

Budweiser Makes New Enemy With Pro-America Ad (msn.com)

15 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Because to them there is no problem, and, to be honest, BUD stock has not really faltered as a result of all of this.

That little dip from 4/6- 4/12 is insignificant and no real indication of anything, other than a pull back from a nearly 10% breakout that started getting steam a month ago.

image.png.94ef759f08da1cb63e5d6a9925ed65db.png

14 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Fox has not been afraid to report on the Bud flub. Nor has the BBC.

The rest of them have been afraid  they'll get AB's panties in a wad.

43 minutes ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

This Today ;

Animal rights organization People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) called out the brewing company for the "needless mutilation of horses' tails" over a Clydesdale shown in the ad which told viewers that Budweiser, one of the company's brands, was "rooted in the heart of America."

Budweiser Makes New Enemy With Pro-America Ad (msn.com)

But yet it's OK to mutilate children to change their identity.:(

On 4/16/2023 at 9:33 PM, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

There is no way senior management was unaware. That campaign took a lot of time and money to put together and is akin to denying knowledge of a space launch. 

I don't buy into that.  For one, I do not know that you could personally confirm this, without working there at a pretty high level. 

Secondly, with 10's of thousands of employees they cannot all be kept up with, and people, as executives, generally play executive and to some degree blindly trust in the professionals based on the qualifications they hired them on. You cannot account for stupidity that crops up sometimes. The money and effort in this marketing campaign at Budweiser was no more than a dribble of piss in a 55 gallon drum.

I contract with a company with a $91 billion dollar market value and 4700+ locations nationwide, and  it has become obvious to me no one really knows what anyone in other departments is doing. Everyone does their job and punches out at 5, so to speak, and forgets about it for the day. The GM of the particular site I work at doesn't necessarily have a clue as to the details of each department and how they are helping or hurting the facilities direction. They just look at production numbers and gauge people on that. If he had to review and approve every little thing everyone did, (for one, he couldn't since he could not possibly understand every job in the building to such an expert level) his chief job description would be micromanaging babysitter.  

I've worked as a small part of larger  $15-20 million dollar projects here,  and the coordination errors, confusion, lack of communication that goes on between IT, operations, facilities and contractors is always there and unavoidable.  We fight with IT all of the time for information, scheduling, coordination, access. And they hide and withhold what they are doing sometimes. It is part of their job. It's a pain in the butt, but at the same time, I understand the information and infrastructure they control can crash the whole operation.

Heck, as a contractor, sending out and relying on one guy can be a crap shoot. Despite qualifications, you have no real idea how good or bad of a job he is doing, nor what has any sort of influence on them unless you follow up constantly, or wait and hope  complaints  don't pour in to catch you as the owner off guard. Been there, done that.

Someone just did a really bad job at Budweiser, based on juvenile notions, in a really public and offensive way. Now the whole company is getting backlash.  That is the only thing going on here. The "buck" does stop at management, and accountability does fall on them, but I would not go so far as to say they were complicit. Been there, done that.

35 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

I don't buy into that.  For one, I do not know that you could personally confirm this, without working there at a pretty high level. 

Well, I’ve spent 48 years In marketing and advertising, 8 of which were inside a major corporation, and the rest working on campaigns for others, so I stand by what I said. 

14 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I am going to Belgium next month.  While I am sitting in Bruges tasting some of the local delites I will have to see if Dylan Mulvaney's photo is plastered on the bottles or cans or on local advertising posters.

I doubt you will see any American beers advertised there or available.  Most Europeans consider American beers to be fizzy water.  Belgium produces a number of beers sold locally and internationally.  Good stuff.  Look at the Abbey and Trappist produced beers.  There are enough of those to keep you occupied for a while.

I don't recall anyone I knew after college years that drank any Budweiser product, nevermind Bud Light.  I sincerely doubt many here did even before they went woke.  A question of good taste and taste good.  I wonder what their actual demographic base is. 

13 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

I doubt you will see any American beers advertised there or available.  Most Europeans consider American beers to be fizzy water.  Belgium produces a number of beers sold locally and internationally.  Good stuff.  Look at the Abbey and Trappist produced beers.  There are enough of those to keep you occupied for a while.

I spent some time in Belgium 15 years ago or so.  I became addicted to Leffe Blonde.  It has since become available in the US.  If I still could drink ale, my fridge would be full of it.  No Bud weasel piss for me.

LL

I guess I'll have to drink more wine.

OH the hardship!

(Ready stock: Various whites on the left, reds on the right. Bulk is racked in the basement.)

Wine Rack 2015-12-31 00.30.41.jpg

1 hour ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

I spent some time in Belgium 15 years ago or so.  I became addicted to Leffe Blonde.  It has since become available in the US.  If I still could drink ale, my fridge would be full of it.  No Bud weasel piss for me.

LL

Still owned by AB

Leffe is a beer brand owned by InBev Belgium, the European operating arm of the global Anheuser–Busch InBev brewery giant. There are several beers in the range, and they are marketed as Abbey beers. They are brewed in large quantities and are widely distributed.
https://www.sparrowine.com/00691#:~:text=Leffe is a beer brand,quantities and are widely distributed.

The problem is that people are just switching from Bud Light to another InBev owned product.  Usually a more expensive brand with better margins.  If you want to send a message to these big corporations to get the sex/gender crap out of your face, you will need to boycot one of them to the point that they really really hurt.  Loosing Bud Light, but having one of their other brands move up to the same level that Bud Light was will not hurt InBev and may actually help them.  Try drinking local beers and support local American companies and jobs, or beers from one of InBev competitors and make them hurt.  Other large national brands will take notice of that.

Archived