SASS Wire Forum

free groceries??

Alpo

I've been seeing commercials for a few months now they insist that if you are 65 or older the government is going to give you $900 to buy food.

Now whether that's $900 a week or $900 a month or $900 a year or a one-time payment of $900 - don't know. They never explain that. They just tell you that the government will give "seniors" $900 to buy food.

Go here to see if you qualify.

I never went there, because I figure it's a scam. I don't know how they would get money from me, but it just sounds like a scam.

Does anyone know whether or not it's actually legit?

They also talk about how the government is giving another incentive payment of $1,200 some odd dollars, for "senior 64 or older", and you just need to sign up for it.

I figure that if the government wants to give me $1,200, because I'm older than 64, I shouldn't need to sign up. They already know how old I am. And I didn't have to sign up to get the other incentive checks. So I'm pretty sure this one's a scam also.

The government is active about collecting money.  The politicians are active about collecting votes.  You have to be active to sign up for programs.  

Yes, if you are broke enough or low enough annual income, you can get groceries, a hot meal, a cell phone, rent/utilities, fitness programs, rides to get said groceries or to the hospital... covered by taxes.  Even the co-pay from Medicare will be mostly covered.

I’ve seen these ads too, I think to qualify you have to be under poverty level and can’t own a house or have money in the bank. That’s my guess but since I won’t click on I’m not sure.

Years ago Dad was fuming mad because social security upped his check a couple hundred dollars.  Was because he was past a certain age and lived at home and needed in home assistance.  He didn't need no damn assistance. 

51 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

I did a quick search of this and it seemed that everything I found was simply a link to tell you how to apply for Food Stamps, SSI, and such.

That’s what I thought. Thanks for searching.B)

it seems our society is becoming a group of takers expecting others to provide what they need - im not exactly sure how we got this far down this path after the WWII generation and VN generation , but its going to be the end of us as we knew it if something doesnt change 

17 hours ago, watab kid said:

it seems our society is becoming a group of takers expecting others to provide what they need - im not exactly sure how we got this far down this path after the WWII generation and VN generation , but its going to be the end of us as we knew it if something doesnt change 

Yep, once our generation dies off, where will the money come from them?

6 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Yep, once our generation dies off, where will the money come from them?

my question as well , but then maybe thats the goal - seems a lot of folks think the commie freebees will be better than working for a living these days , one day soon we may see that the government attitude that all money is theirs and they just allow us to have some of it may become the norm , 

9 hours ago, watab kid said:

one day soon we may see that the government attitude that all money is theirs and they just allow us to have some of it may become the norm , 

The government already thinks that way. They're trying to get the rest of us to think that they know better than we do how we should spend it.

Wait until they outlaw money.  Firend in Brazil back some time ago when inflation was very high,  they discontinued some currency and replaced it with stuff 1/10 the value. If you didn't exchange the old money at a bank by some date, it became worthless.  Happened several times.  Keeps from holding and avoiding tax.

14 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

The government already thinks that way. They're trying to get the rest of us to think that they know better than we do how we should spend it.

i believe you , thats been apparent in our tax laws and social programs for most of my lifetime , 

Archived