SASS Wire Forum

Website advertisement on tv about pending wealth shift

Trigger Mike

I keep seeing tv ads from different supposed stock gurus with individual websites talking about pending wealth shift and how to get wealthy off their predictions.  I wonder if they are scams so never go to them.  

does anyone know what they are about?  Do they want money once you get there?  

6 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Every time I hear one of those "Buy Gold and Silver" or one of these things, I tend to think that if they were THAT good, they'd be hoarding it for themselves and not selling it.

Exactly!

I had a guy at a gun show try to mesmerize me with bull s*** at a gun show a few weeks ago about the impending economic crash and why I should buy gold so I could survive. There was a guy at the next table selling guns and ammo, he mostly had ARs, and I called over to him and said “If I brought you an ounce of gold would you sell me a gun, mags and ammo?” and without hesitation, as if he was hoping someone would ask him, he said “Nope! I have no need for gold. I wouldn’t know what it was worth anyway. If I took it I might give you a couple of boxes of ammo then what the heck am I gonna do with it?” I thanked him. I have a feeling he was pretty tired of hearing the gold guy barking at people. 
Anyway, I told gold guy “That right there is why my precious metals are lead, copper, brass and chrome moly steel.” Then I walked away. 
Later I went back to the gun guy’s table and bought a couple of things from him. Nice guy. 

The problem with gold and silver bars is that I can only seem to buy it with a large premium attached to it, which disappears when I try to sell it.  I am buying at retail and selling at wholesale.  

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Exactly!

I had a guy at a gun show try to mesmerize me with bull s*** at a gun show a few weeks ago about the impending economic crash and why I should buy gold so I could survive.

I've been hearing about The Impending Economic Crash for 20 or more years. And what are we in now, if not that, thanks to Bidenflation?

19 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

I've been hearing about The Impending Economic Crash for 20 or more years. And what are we in now, if not that, thanks to Bidenflation?

25 years ago, in preparation for the coming Y2K apocalypse, I was looking at buying gold and remote property in Arizona. Something about the way of these doom and gloom prognosticators just rubbed me the wrong way and I decided to buy more ammo and we would shelter in place. I recalled my Dad and all my Dad’s friends getting their dander up and prepping to fight the New World Order and all that jazz. I had food and water set aside to last at least 2 months and enough ammo to last a long time should I have to hold off hordes of dirtbags hell bent on taking “my stuff”. 
Y2K came and went with barely a flicker…

My bottom line is if anyone knew the crap was about to hit the fan they would keep their mouths shut and take care of their own. They wouldn’t be Chicken Littling it all over the country. 

The only ones making money on those schemes are the ones marketing and pushing them IMHO.

Now hand me that 10 foot pole.

10 foot pole YODA images (1).jpg

I've been hearing, for many many years, how you should stockpile gold and silver for the coming financial collapse, when the fecal matter strikes the rotary oscillator. SHTF.gif.b3ef2992fd0e196c6232ec3c6f6e3cb4.gif

SHTF(1).gif.dec342a69159df72413ad051c7610b4a.gif

The thing that has always puzzled me about that plan was what you could buy with your gold and silver?

I have a Maple leaf. 1 ounce bullion coin. What's gold now? 2000 an ounce? Something like that. So I want to fill up my truck. 15 gallon tank. I don't want to pay $2,000 for 15 gallons of gas. What's he going to make change with? The worthless paper currency?

But the really big question, is how do you know it's gold? I'm old enough that I have a little bit of experience handling silver coinage. If you hand me four Franklin half dollars, I know about how big they should be, and I know what a silver coin should feel like, and I bounce it off the countertop and listen to it ring. I can probably tell if they're silver or not. But gold?

In Mel Fisher's museum in Key West they have an exhibit where you can pick up a piece of gold. It was smooth, and it was cold, and it was heavy. That's the only time I've had a piece of gold in my hand.

Several years back a guy owed me $150, and he offered me four Mexican $50 gold coins in exchange for that debt. Several things made me leery. Why was he willing to give me $200 to clear the $150 debt? When did Mexico start using the dollar? At the time I used various reagents to identify metals. So I went and got my acid-spot kit and put one drop of 50% nitric on each of those $50 gold coins. And each spot where I put the acid turned black. I told him that I did not know what they were, but I did know they were not gold, so I was not interested.

Not in that business anymore, so don't have my reagents. How would I tell it was gold and not brass, or gold painted lead? You going to let me take that gold bar and dig down into it with my pocket knife to see how far down it stays yellow? Yeah, I didn't think so.

And even if it's gold, how am I  to know whether it is 10 karat or 14 karat or 24 karat? It's all yellow.

I decided it was a dumb idea.

TEOTWAWKI? Someday something will happen but not sure how to prepare for it.

Winter storms? I can prepare for those, and they always happen. Same for all the other local common events. Even rod runs around here are events which crowd roads, buy out some items at stores, and generally make staying home a good idea... Or bugging out to go RV somewhere else.

Shortages of common household items? A good 1st aid kit? Bottled water, extra propane tank for the outdoor grill? An extra of anything I am running low on? Buying in bulk when there is a great sale price?

All better than gold and probably all useful in some way even for TEOTWAWKI.

I'm thinking that IF the whole financial world had a complete meltdown, we'd end up on a barter system.  What good is silver or gold?   Now if you have a stockpile of antibiotics, insulin (and some way to keep it cold), heart meds, and needed skills like hunters, trappers, farmers, etc, then you'd have something.   Lots of extra guns and ammo would make excellent barter items.   (Hey, any excuse to buy more guns!)

I'm thinking common caliber bullets and/or shotgun shells would be a good barter currency.  And if things get bad enough, you can always go over to the food hoarder's house and take what you need.

3 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

And if things get bad enough, you can always go over to the food hoarder's house and take what you need

On a survivalist board I used to visit, this was the reason why they recommended not bartering ammunition after the world went to hell.

You trade a guy some ammo, he loads his gun, shoots you and then takes your stuff.

I'm absolutely sure you meant that it's a joke, but there is a well-known troll - gunkid. His getting ready for the end of the world involved having an illegally converted AR-15 with a 14-inch barrel, a 22 conversion kit for the gun, and a silencer. His plans were to kill whoever had something he needed and steal it.

The pending wealth shift has been underway for a while.

It could be said since the end of the gold standard. Or try further back with the income tax.

It could also be argued that fractional reserve banking creates a shift wealth and power away from depositors and places a disproportionally amount of risk onto middle- and lower-class depositors, despite what the FDIC may offer, particularly with these ill managed banking and lending practices where little punishment is executed to remove the incentives of bad fiscal and accounting practices, sometimes even mandated into law.

Then there are all of these TARP and quantitative easing measures we've seen, deficit spending, bail outs, government regulatory expansion, Executive orders that violate the separation of powers as originally intended, the fed monkeying around with interest rates and printing money driving all of this inflation, senseless immigration and trade practices that devalue labor and expatriate manufacturing.

If you buy into one of these programs offering exclusive, Earth-shattering information designed  to protect your wealth, you're too blind to realize it is simply a design to enhance someone else's wealth. But I wouldn't call it a scam, it is just capitalism. Our governments are the ones running the criminal enterprises.

The government and it's cronies are running the machine full bore to get the little man to squeal, relinquish their wealth and rights, and reinforce that assumed wealth and increased power to a chosen, select few. Not a whole lot any of us can do about it, except maybe run some internet newsletter to possibly profit from. If you can figure that out, I sincerely wish you good luck. It is far more honest than what is being done in the name of "democracy, law and order, and public policy."

On 4/11/2023 at 9:20 PM, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Every time I hear one of those "Buy Gold and Silver" or one of these things, I tend to think that if they were THAT good, they'd be hoarding it for themselves and not selling it.

I always think buy lead

as for gold , banks don't know what to do with it.  pawn shops give you 500 or more less than its worth.  we don't have a coin shop nearby and they are the only ones that pay close to true value.  a local jewelry store advertises on the radio they buy gold and coins but when I tool some old gold jewelry they weren't interested .  

Okay, I have an ounce of gold and I need groceries.  My bill comes to $150.00.

How much gold is that, how do you measure it, and who's gonna knock you on the head and take it home in his vest pocket.

Taint practical.

Besides most gold is sold in certificates that you have to get from the company that sold you the gold certificates into real gold....and they control all your gold at both ends of the deal and y0u have to take what they sell you....if the don't take the whole thing and disappear.

It's not that I don't trust them.  I completely trust everyone I can physically see inside of a hundred yards or so, and if I have sufficient fire power and allies to cover my perimeter in all directions.

Archived