SASS Wire Forum

Oilskin duster advice

Seth Bradford

10 hours ago, Groundhog, 107692 said:

My favorite piece of cowboy clothing!!   We had a day or torrential rain saturday at the SC State championship and it kept me warm and dry.   I would buy it again in a heartbeat!!

Groundhog

Mine did a good job too, but my hat let me down. It’s pretty old, so I’m in the market for a new, better one. I’m pretty disappointed with my high dollar Knudsen hat. It doesn’t repel water as well as I expected and doesn’t hold its shape well either.

I just got back from the SC State championship too and as soon as I got the feeling back in my fingers, I started researching new slickers.  Sunday night, I ordered this very one from the Wyoming Trading Company.  According to Fedex, it should be delivered Wednesday.  I was kind of cautious because their website only accepted  Paypal and Venmo.  I saw no way to pay by VISA.  Everything else about the company looked legit.   I read up on Paypal's rules and if it turned out to be a scam, I can contest it and get my money back.   I placed the order and no sales tax or shipping  added.  So far, so good.  I got email automated receipt from Wyoming Trading Company and the next day I got Fedex tracking numbers from Fedex.

Anybody need an 15 year old moldy yellow slicker?  Free to good home?

3 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I just got back from the SC State championship too and as soon as I got the feeling back in my fingers, I started researching new slickers.  Sunday night, I ordered this very one from the Wyoming Trading Company.  According to Fedex, it should be delivered Wednesday.  I was kind of cautious because their website only accepted  Paypal and Venmo.  I saw no way to pay by VISA.  Everything else about the company looked legit.   I read up on Paypal's rules and if it turned out to be a scam, I can contest it and get my money back.   I placed the order and no sales tax or shipping  added.  So far, so good.  I got email automated receipt from Wyoming Trading Company and the next day I got Fedex tracking numbers from Fedex.

Anybody need an 15 year old moldy yellow slicker?  Free to good home?

They are a small place but dealt with them for years , Awesome bunch so no worries . 

3 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Mine did a good job too, but my hat let me down. It’s pretty old, so I’m in the market for a new, better one. I’m pretty disappointed with my high dollar Knudsen hat. It doesn’t repel water as well as I expected and doesn’t hold its shape well either.

When I bought my oilskin duster from Outback Clothing I also bought the matching hat. It is waterproof and does a good job keeping my head dry. I only wear it when it is going to rain.

TM

We were also at SC and road tested our slickers which were Australian Outback and Drizabone.  They passed with flying colors.  My rechargable hand warmers not so much...I will need backups for those.

Roper

If your "Duster" is called "Inn and Suites," yule be warm, dry, comfortable, with a comfy toilette and most include "Breakfast."

No, auntie Agatha, I DO NOT shoot inna rain. 

6 ft 150 lbs and a large fits me just right.

Just an FYI, the long ones look better than the short ones (IMHO) BUT I had trouble when squatting to pick up brass I was catching the flaps on my heels and causing tears when I stood up.

If you’re not squatting down picking up brass you’ll be fine. If you do, be careful.

Archived