SASS Wire Forum

Question for Colorado residents.

Boomstick Bruce

We are flying to Manitou Springs here in a couple weeks. my fiance wants to do some "innawoods" exploring in and around Denver, Manitou Springs, etc. Knowing I am not the top of the food chain in mountain lion/bear country, I intend on carrying. I know CO reciprocates with WV for my CCW but how do the parks, police, businesses, etc handle citizens with CCW's? I plan on bringing my taurus curve 380 for edc and a 1911 or 44mag for innawoods which will probably be open carried... Thoughts, suggestions?

While it is an Internet source, I do recommend Gary Slider's website:

https://handgunlaw.us

It provides a very good summary of the laws in each state. Follow up by going to a state's page for the actual text of laws.

Be aware you can find substantially the same information on various phone apps for a few bucks. I do not recommend the apps! Many of them seem to be copying the info on this web site. So the apps do not get updates until they show up for free on Gary's site, the thief finds the update, updates and publishes the app, and the phone user downloads the update... Just go get the info from the source for free.

Go to the main page, then find the state you are interested in on the map, and click on it. Don't bother bookmarking a state page, you need to start from the main page.

On edit: I recommend starting with your home state to get a feel for the site since you already know your laws, get a feel for how the site is laid out. Then look at your destination state, then all states in between if driving.

We visited Colorado Springs last year.  I called the El Paso County Sheriff's Office for guidance on concealed carry with a Missouri permit.  I would advise you to do the same for the latest information.

Definitely check with local law enforcement! Although there can be problems with lions and bears now and then, it's the "two-legged wooly boogers" I'd worry about! :unsure:  In spite of marajuana being legal in Colorado, there may be a few jokers growing their own weed in the boonies to sell on the black market.

16 hours ago, JD Lud said:

I wouldn’t feel the need to carry around Manitou….but definitely do the Manitou Incline if in shape for it :)

My fiance is doing it, I plan on staying at the resort (bar) and relaxing... I don't go on vacation to work and exercise, I go to relax... I'll enjoy the pictures she takes lol

7 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Definitely check with local law enforcement! Although there can be problems with lions and bears now and then, it's the "two-legged wooly boogers" I'd worry about! :unsure:  In spite of marajuana being legal in Colorado, there may  WILL be a few jokers growing their own weed in the boonies to sell on the black market.

There, fixed it for you! :D

On both sides of the hill.

As far as bears go I am clearing out the trees that are taking over the south pasture (up against the Colorado River) and have seen mama's footprint (to small to be a big male) in the mud bank of the river. Last year we had a big male black bear come through the horses dry lot just after sunset while we were chilling with margaritas. We have a "live and let live" arrangement..... they let my dogs and livestock live and I let them live. Pretty excited that we may have baby bears around, first time in a while.

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

IMHO, key point is no available human created food in site.   Dogs are fed indoors and food is stored there.  Garbage is indoors and taken to the dump 2X weekly.  I have several dogs, a couple very large and capable.  I do believe in Live and Let live, but it is no different than the Black Box situation you face with a human predator, what will they do, you cannot know. Bears pass through on occasion as do wolves, but Mountain Lions and Coyotes are a fact of life.  I like my dogs better than all but a few humans, I'll leave it at that.

Archived