SASS Wire Forum

CZ Durango Shotgun

JimSprouse

I am brand new to the hobby and I need help on whether to buy a CZ Durango Coach Gun  or a Sharp Tail Coach Gun .  Any comments, advice or information you can give me will be much appreciated.

Why was the Durango  made by CZ for one year only,  2005-06?  Are there parts available?  Was it made by Huglu, perhaps by another name,  before CZ put it under their brand?  Is it really just a shortened version of the Generation 1 Bobwhite?  Are there parts available for the Gen 1 Bobwhite?  

Thank you very much for your help.

Jim Sprouse  aka Deputy Dan Callahan     Number 113043

I have 2 Sharptails and they have been tuned by Griner Gun Works and I like them for this game. I traded in my 2 Stoegers to upgrade to the CZ and wouldn't go back. I looked at the SKB since they are considered at the top of the game but I couldn't get over all the stocks splitting on them so I decided against going that way.

TM

24 minutes ago, Oak Ridge Regulator said:

I have 2 CZ sharp tail coach guns, wouldn’t trade em anything. Love these shotguns

Have you checked out Ken Griners mods to the extractor? He cuts it in half so it looks a lot like the Stoeger. Make inserting shells a lot easier and smoother.

TM

4 hours ago, Texas Maverick said:

I have 2 Sharptails and they have been tuned by Griner Gun Works and I like them for this game. I traded in my 2 Stoegers to upgrade to the CZ and wouldn't go back. I looked at the SKB since they are considered at the top of the game but I couldn't get over all the stocks splitting on them so I decided against going that way.

TM

Thank you very much for the reply.  That helps a lot!

23 minutes ago, Oak Ridge Regulator said:

I have 2 CZ sharp tail coach guns, wouldn’t trade em anything. Love these shotguns

Thanks for the endorsement.  That's good to know!  Have you ever heard of the Durango?

5 minutes ago, Texas Maverick said:

Have you checked out Ken Griners mods to the extractor? He cuts it in half so it looks a lot like the Stoeger. Make inserting shells a lot easier and smoother

TM

No, but I did read about that somewhere.  Where is he located?  What is his wait time?  

28 minutes ago, Oak Ridge Regulator said:

Thank you for that.  It helps a lot!

33 minutes ago, JimSprouse said:

No, but I did read about that somewhere.  Where is he located?  What is his wait time?  

Ken Griner is in New Mexico.  He advertises in the Merchant forum of this site.  Website:

https://grinergunworks.com/cowboy-action/

4 hours ago, JimSprouse said:

He is in NM and it took me 4 weeks to get mine back from him when I had it done. He is the only one that I know that cuts the extractor in half and replaces the firing pin springs.

TM

Archived