SASS Wire Forum

SOLD AND DELIVERED. Pair of SS Ruger New Vaqueros, 45 LC, 4.6" barrels originally purchased from Cowboy Gunworks (aka Jimmy Spurs)

SASS 32739

SOLD AND DELIVERED 4-16-23

. Barely used Ruger New Vaqueros purchased for Mounted Shooting and used for 3-4 practice rounds shooting black powder blanks, and maybe 40 rounds of live ammo. Sold my horse 3 years ago and these have been in the gun safe (use my 7.5" Colts for Sass). Full race action jobs including half cock hammers, beveled cylinders, ejector rods, ejector rod housing, widened sight notch, diamond cut front sights, jeweled hammers and triggers. Guns have black after market grips mounted and original Rosewood grips still in the boxes.  $2,300 + shipping to your FFL. Will add photos ... currently having a browser issue!

Ruger New Vaqueros.jpg

So what’s your Alias?

Sass # is 32739 (Tiro Loco alias) and I originally joined when I lived in Miami, Fl 23 years ago. Got real busy with work (international agriculture ... traveling all over Mexico, Central and South America as well as visiting customers in Europe), and also a relocation when we finally moved out of Miami and went into semi retirement and moved to Central Florida. Spent time finding a spot to build, built a new home, and got into horses (at age 72). Loved riding, but after 2 busted legs (same leg twice), fractured ankle and 7 fractured ribs, decided to sell my horse. So the Rugers that I bought for mounted shooting are now for sale ... just sitting in the closet. Have started doing some reloading again and currently working with my wife and a friend of hers to give them a foundation in firearms safety and basics of shooting hand guns. Not currently affiliated with any SASS club. When I lived in Miami I would shoot at matches in Palm Beach County and over in Naples but traveled so much that I didn't become a regular. There are a couple of Sass clubs about an hour and a half from me and I am considering getting involved with one of them (south Orlando or St. Augustine, Fl), or the Lake County Pistoleros in Tavares (most likely option).  

53 minutes ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

Do you have Spurs receipt? Are the transfer bars still in the guns, or did Jimmy remove and weld up the hammers? 

Yes I have the original receipt from Cowboy Gunworks and the transfer bars are still in the guns. 

Jimmy Spurs also machines two line around the cylinders? I would definitely verify the sn#s with Cowboy Gun Works for authenticity.  Some things don’t add up?

8 minutes ago, Yeldog 4078 said:

Jimmy Spurs also machines two line around the cylinders? I would definitely verify the sn#s with Cowboy Gun Works for authenticity.  Some things don’t add up?

He doesn’t always do this. I’ve come across many with out it. But it is a kinda signature.

12 minutes ago, Yeldog 4078 said:

I have a confirmed set from Jimmy that doesn’t have the cylinder lines. I’ve seen a few others that way also 

34 minutes ago, Yeldog 4078 said:

Not sure what you're suggesting ... but I have the original paperwork and I bought the guns from Jimmy Spurs. What doesnt add up???????????????

1 hour ago, Yeldog 4078 said:

Not on all, he did a "Basic" action job on mine and I don't have the classic Jimmy double lines.

13 minutes ago, SASS 32739 said:

Not sure what you're suggesting ... but I have the original paperwork and I bought the guns from Jimmy Spurs. What doesnt add up???????????????

Hi click the envelope icon for your messages. I am rather local and can meet ftf. 

Everyone is just a tad Leary now a days due to scammers. Be prepared to send some specific pictures to interested parties. Both ends need to use caution these days. :angry:

Awesome Thanks for the added info. Trust but verify. 

Just now, LUTHER JUSTICE REGULATOR #5600 said:

You joined the SASS wire last Wednesday is clue for me.  NO THANKS!

Hey luther .... look at my Sass badge number 32739. I originally JOINED sass in 2000. I haven't been active in Sass because I have been doing other things period. Just rejoined ... will be shooting my Colt 45's purchased back in 2000. Bought the Rugers for mounted shooting and sold my horse 3 years ago so they have been safe queens. 

6 minutes ago, SASS 32739 said:

Hey luther .... look at my Sass badge number 32739. I originally JOINED sass in 2000. I haven't been active in Sass because I have been doing other things period. Just rejoined ... will be shooting my Colt 45's purchased back in 2000. Bought the Rugers for mounted shooting and sold my horse 3 years ago so they have been safe queens. 

Some added photos of the guns in question.

The black grips are textured Matte Faux Ebony grips that I bought from Rio Grande Custom Grips for $70 and they were made specifically for the Ruger New Vaquero and used the factory grip screws. The feel great in the hand. The guns are really nice ... would keep them if I didn't have my Colts that Bob Munden slicked up for me. The Rugers with the 4.6" barrels were purchased specifically for mounted shooting ... and if anybody is interested I have a pair of beautiful mounted shooting fast draw holsters ... but they have "sight locks" that I guess can be removed (they are small bumps inside the holster that locks the gun in place so it doesnt bounce out while galloping a horse).

Ruger Ebony Grips.jpg

Ruger jeweled hammer.jpg

Ruger jeweled trigger.jpg

Just now, LUTHER JUSTICE REGULATOR #5600 said:

My point is you just joined the SASS wire.  The people that do this are suspicious.  Any one can put a SASS number on this forum, but your ad is suspicious.  Give me close ups of serial numbers. More pics of the Rugers.  Do it!

Heck I was active on the Sasswire when I was active shooting Sass. Dont know how ANYBODY can put a SASS number on this forum when my email address and SASS number were all verified by SASS when I rejoined. There are a couple of people interested in these guns ... and I gave THEM my name and the date I purchased them from Jimmy Spurs ... so they can confirm that with him. 

Just an FYI, like I mentioned I bought the Rugers for mounted shooting. My regular Sass guns are a pair of 3rd Gen Colt 45's with 7.5" barrels that Bob Munden did action jobs on and (year 2000) and another smith out West put on a pair of faux Ivory grips. These guns are NOT for sale. 

Colts.jpg

You confirmed that information with SASS when you rejoined but this forum is a little bit separate. It doesn't require confirmation and anyone including non-members can join and they can type any SASS number or name into their bio. 

The easiest way to settle this is to write your SASS number/SASS Name on a piece of paper with the current date, adding the time helps too. The take a picture of that note with the guns. One of them with the note zoomed in on the serial numbers would be even better. 

But if you already have some takers then you don't need to do any of this to appease the rest of us. 

This modern world is full of scammers and it's not getting any better. Unfortunately in my experience the older generation are far too trusting for this crowd of scammers who are getting smarter and more sophisticated every day. We live in a world now where you are much better off assuming everything is a scam and everyone is out to get you except those you are very close to (and some of you probably have some ex-wifes that contradict this part).

13 hours ago, LUTHER JUSTICE REGULATOR #5600 said:

My point is you just joined the SASS wire.  The people that do this are suspicious.  Any one can put a SASS number on this forum, but your ad is suspicious.  Give me close ups of serial numbers. More pics of the Rugers.  Do it!

Pretty sure the Rugers are sold ... was unaware of the apparent scam attempts over the past couple of years. Scammers are everywhere. This is the original receipt from Jimmy Spurs along with my new SASS card (and old rusty badge) showing my original join date in 2000

.RugerInvoiceandSassCardcloseup.thumb.jpg.5ef9b41c292469568d384c771689c60a.jpgRugerInvoiceandSassCardcloseup.thumb.jpg.5ef9b41c292469568d384c771689c60a.jpgRugerInvoiceandSassCardcloseup.thumb.jpg.5ef9b41c292469568d384c771689c60a.jpg

12 hours ago, SASS 32739 said:

Just an FYI, like I mentioned I bought the Rugers for mounted shooting. My regular Sass guns are a pair of 3rd Gen Colt 45's with 7.5" barrels that Bob Munden did action jobs on and (year 2000) and another smith out West put on a pair of faux Ivory grips. These guns are NOT for sale. 

Colts.jpg

I have a pair Bob did around the same time as yours.   Different grips ( stag).  I still use them once in a while.

14 hours ago, Tim Stevenson said:

Hi. Are these available?

Scheduled to be delivered to Bo. B. Fetterman (see above) this Sunday am. Will mark as SOLD once the transaction actually takes place.

On 4/12/2023 at 7:35 PM, Tim Stevenson said:

Hi. Are these available?

Scheduled to be delivered to Bo. B. Fetterman (see above) this Sunday am. Will mark as SOLD once the transaction actually takes place.

SOLD AND DELIVERED TO BO. B. FETTERMAN EARLIER THIS MORNING APRIL 16.

• SASS 32739 changed the title to SOLD AND DELIVERED. Pair of SS Ruger New Vaqueros, 45 LC, 4.6" barrels originally purchased from Cowboy Gunworks (aka Jimmy Spurs)

Archived