SASS Wire Forum

Kentucky State Championship- Shootout in the Hills

Cat A Tonic

April 27-29, 2023

Three weeks until the KY State Championship!!!  Thank you to all who’ve already registered. It looks like we’re going to have a fantastic turnout! Hurry and send your apps in; there’s still time. Camping is still available, but my cabins are booked (unless there’s a cancellation).  Info and apps can be found on our website (I’ll be updating the schedule soon).  ponderosa-pines.com
image.thumb.png.a17dd3bc47f5b9b4c0e6f8ccefa4050a.png

I'm getting a late start on Ky but my application is going out in the mail tomorrow.  Copperhead Joe said he would find a place to put me.  It's just a short drive down to Alabama for the next weekend.  

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping to get up there to visit, (I ain’t ready to be shootin’ just yet) with some of the best hosts in SASS this weekend.  Two things have come up that will keep that from happening.

The first one is that Schoolmarm is having back trouble and we’re having to schedule her for some surgery.  Seeing her doctor on Friday.  That’s not good!

The other thing is that my grandson is coming to visit this weekend.  I’d bring him with us, but he is in final rehearsal for his school play and needs to work on his parts. Havin’ him close is a good thing!!

Blue skies, green grass, and high tides is what I’m wishing y’all for the weekend!!  Have a GREAT time!  BE SAFE!!  HAVE FUN!!

Blackwater, not sure the place will be the same without you. Hope for the best for the wife. Maybe you can help your grandson with his lines. ;)

Take care hopefully will see you at Black Gold

It’ll be alright!  I gots me a plan for Black Gold this year!!  I’ll tell ya’s all about it in a week or so.  I’m gonna need some help to pull it off, but I’m betting it’ll be easy to get the job done once I tell y’all what I’m up to.

I was at the foot doctor this morning and he said I could start wearing shoes on the bad foot anytime now.  I figure I’ll give it another week or two, just to let it heal a little more.  

I’M GOING TO SHOOT THE BLACK GOLD SHOOTOUT THIS YEAR IF IT CHAPS THE WHOLE WORLD’S @$$!! 

If I ain’t dead or locked up somewhere, look for me at the loading table!!

Y’all tune in next week for details!!!

It will be good to see you smoking up the place again. 

Me and my crew will be there too.

Looking forward to the whole shootin' match.

Best to School Marm.

On 4/29/2023 at 4:58 PM, Captain Bill Burt said:

If anyone can post pics of the score sheets I would appreciate it!!

Sent you a text

Kajun

Thanks to Joe, Cat and everyone who helped make this shoot one of the best around! We had a great time as usual!

Laramie. 

Archived