SASS Wire Forum

2.6 billion to the Ukraine

I keep reading that the social security system that took money out of my paycheck every week for more than 40 years is going to have to cut back on MY bennifits in about 9 years give or take, or maybe this year who really knows ?. That’s my money earned the hard way with Blood, Sweat and a some tears as well. I don’t mind helping out the rest of the world but I was raised to pay my debts, Biden wasent raised that way I guess, he doesn’t seem to remember what a Veteran is either

That's the problem with politicians.  They get into office promising to make their mark.  They make drastic changes and eventually get thrown out of office but we are left with the mark.  Happens on the local and national level.  

8 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Well, I may end up taking up bank robbery after all. 

Might as well, they've been robbing everyone else for years.

You know, I've been hearing that the SSA is running out of money/won't be able to payout/no money left and the like for the last 40 years. Hasn't happened yet...but, when the Feds give damn near everyone in the US a year off (no replenishment of funds), then pays them to NOT work, completely funds the leeches that have never worked, sends Ukraine billions while depleting our military equipment/resources while borrowing the money to do it with no oversight and worries more about supporting a miniscule percentage of the population that can't figure out if they are male or female and ignores the obvious takeover of American interests by the Chinese...I guess running out of the money that the working people paid into the fund is entirely possible.:angry:

I agree with @Cypress Sun

I will say this. If they run out of money and I don’t get what’s mine I will become a “taker”. I don’t care if I am completely stove up sporting a walker or a cane. 

But no mention of cutting Welfare to the lame and lazy.

All they have to do is up the threshold for SS deductions. If you're making well over 100K, I think you can continue chipping in for a bit longer. Can you imagine how much the millionaire elites collect when they hit the ever changing magic age. Grump.

I paid into Social Security for over 40 years with after tax dollars.  Then when I get ready to receive Social Security, they tax 85% of my check as income.  I'm getting taxed twice on that money.  I just hope I live long enough to break even on all the Social Security I paid in.

1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

But no mention of cutting Welfare to the lame and lazy.

All they have to do is up the threshold for SS deductions. If you're making well over 100K, I think you can continue chipping in for a bit longer. Can you imagine how much the millionaire elites collect when they hit the ever changing magic age. Grump.

There never seems to be a shortage of money for welfare 

5 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I paid into Social Security for over 40 years with after tax dollars.  Then when I get ready to receive Social Security, they tax 85% of my check as income.  I'm getting taxed twice on that money.  I just hope I live long enough to break even on all the Social Security I paid in.

You can thank Bill Clinton and the 103rd Congress for taxation on Social Security benefits. Both houses of Congress had a Democrat majority. 

6 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

It will never happen. If you’re social security was put into very safe investments like it was a 401k you would be getting far more per month in income than you would be earning from social security plus you would have the principal to spend or leave to your relatives 

3 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

There never seems to be a shortage of money for welfare 

Or SSI benefits for drug addicts and alcoholics that can’t hold jobs due to their own faults and issues. :angry::angry::angry:

1 minute ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Or SSI benefits for drug addicts and alcoholics that can’t hold jobs due to their own faults and issues. :angry::angry::angry:

Unfortunately it’s a government mandated Ponzi scheme 

AND let me say this for the record: I do not give a damn about Ukraine. I really couldn’t care less except I flippin’ hate the Russian government more. So Ukraine has that going for them from me, but that ain’t much. 

Anyone notice that internet hacking has diminished? I am hoping it’s because the Russians went in and killed the sonsofb****es that we’re doing a lot of the hacking here in our country. 

If Ukraine is so damned important to Europe let them fix it. 

AND I do not need a lesson in “why we can’t let Ukraine fail”. I don’t want to hear it. Screw Ukraine. 

About 5 years ago when I got one of my statements that SS sends out to show you what you have paid in, and what you will receive depending on the age you take it at. I decided to do the math. If the taxes that were taken from me were put into some sort of forced savings account and got about half the earnings my 401k had got “percentage wise” my monthly income In very safe investments would be roughly double what SS pays. Plus I would have the principal not the government. If it had been invested the same as my 401 I would be “what I consider” rolling in money. I wouldn’t need my 401k. 
I honestly understand we need taxes, and I’m all for helping those that cannot help themselves. The waste and outright theft by our government and criminals is what really pisses me off. I honestly feel like the Middle East was and now the Ukraine is nothing more than a big money laundering scheme. Looking back on it now what did our money buy in the Middle East what is it buying now in Ukraine? VS what it could be doing if that capital was invested in our infrastructure and security ? I’m not saying we shouldn’t be part of the world stage just that we should play a smaller part of it. You take care of your family first then help others with the excess if you have any. 

60 minutes interviewed congress woman Majorie Taylor Green from Georgia the other day and the interviewer said Ukraine is next to Poland so we have to defend Ukraine to keep Russia out of Poland .  The congress woman replied , “there is no mention anywhere that Russia intends to go into Poland next”. 

people forget Ukraine was in on the attacks against President Trump.  Spend that money on our own .  We’ve got social security to shore up, borders to fix, a national debt that we better pay down .  No point throwing good money after bad into the Ukraine.  I could care less about their problems.  

Could it be to keep Hunter and the Big guys dealings quiet?

10 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

60 minutes interviewed congress woman Majorie Taylor Green from Georgia the other day and the interviewer said Ukraine is next to Poland so we have to defend Ukraine to keep Russia out of Poland .  The congress woman replied , “there is no mention anywhere that Russia intends to go into Poland next”. 

people forget Ukraine was in on the attacks against President Trump.  Spend that money on our own .  We’ve got social security to shore up, borders to fix, a national debt that we better pay down .  No point throwing good money after bad into the Ukraine.  I could care less about their problems.  

WE paid 5 Billion to install that Government :) 

I don’t care about Ukraine or Russia either. When there is no will not stand for law and order and sovereignty here, why worry about it over there?

And why do we pay in so much more than all the other NATO countries combined.:angry:

The 150 billion obama gave Iran is what I'd like back...

If you remember way back when, when the politicians wanted to spend money that wasn't budgeted they had to show a plan on where the money was. 

BS

Now they spend it like it grows on trees! Spose since it's paper, it does.:lol:

6 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

The 150 billion obama gave Iran is what I'd like back...

But we needed to balance the nuclear arms race... I mean, them poor Iranians needed clean reliable nuclear energy to fuel their economic growth.

1 hour ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I would rather give $2.6 Billion to Ukraine than $500 billion to college students to pay off their loans for their gender studies degrees.

I’d rather not give to either 

Howdy,

If my math is right a billion dollars is about $3.25 per American.  

I would lots rather send a few dollars than send our young soldiers into harms way.

The Ukraine folks are willing to fight their own battle.

I dont mind giving a little help to them.

But we do need to get inflation under control.

Best

CR

3 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

I would lots rather send a few dollars than send our young soldiers into harms way.

Best

CR

To me it’s not a one or the other choice. I opt for neither choice. They are not part of NATO, you want the benefits of membership be part of the alliance. And now no one can say having them join would get us into a war because that’s where we are now anyway. And them being part of NATO would have sent a pretty clear message to Russia that they were going to pay a significant price if they invaded. With Biden in office I really believe they were expecting a Obama response, “a sternly worded letter and maybe a sanction”. This is going to drag on forever just like our presence in the Middle East. But I am also glad we only have “advisors” there. For now. 
With spring here now the offensive will start and as the Russians will do what they always do, throw bodies at the problem. I’ve seen estimates as high as a 14 to 1 kill ratio will be needed for the Ukraine to survive this. Hopefully the weapons we’re giving them will allow them to do that or we could be even deeper in this mess by late summer. 

8 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

Best

CR

now do the 100 plus billion in straight Cash, Now do the 5 Billion paid To install this  Tranny Dancer President , Now do the midnight shipments of OUR military Arms and Ammo to that Craphole  . %&* Ukraine and anyone that supports that proxy war while Depleting Our military which is less than 50 percent of what we need  to protect OUR Country 

Now read my post of what they plan to do to Vets take away Disability for some think that add up on Combat vets to a touch more than your 3 dollars and 25 cents try adding a 36k  for some vets 

The plain fact is We have boots on ground , Our military FAILED recruiting goals last year by as much as 50 % , They are begging those forced out with OTH discharges over a Trial non approved VX (yes miltary got non FDA EUO vaxs batch numbers were proven Bad just like the Anthrax series )  to come back . The disbanded the Marine Snipers , and force units to turn in Arms to send for Glory to Ukraine .
 We dont have the Military to fight a war it will be in your backyard 

And of Course keep throwing bucks into Ukraine , Russia will not lose if it come to that point they  Will do a Hail Mary and make a New Chernobyl out of Ukraine.

Archived