SASS Wire Forum

Wonder if this will be legal in California?

During WW2 and even before, there was a huge surge in running vehicles using wood. Today there are still some thgat do this and converted their vehicles.

What with every year California having forest fires these vehicles fuel would add little to the problem and maybe save your gas powered vehicle?

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

1.) It uses wood.

2.) It works.

So, no, it won't be legal in California.

They're not allowed to cut down trees to prevent forest fires from burning down multi million dollar homes in Kalifornia, so why would they let one cut down trees so that you won't have to buy an electric car that you don't want and that they don't have the power reserves to charge.:wacko:

(No Joe, this is NOT a shot at EVs. It's a shot at Kalifornia.):P

Those thing are called gasifiers they have been around a long time. If I remember correctly the US government  had pamphlet  they passed out during ww2. You can use them for more then auto, anything that runs on gasoline, propane, natural gas. I have seen a number of videos  were somebody converted their generator  to gasifiers 

Read a Frenchman's account of WWII and buses that ran on charcoal, or so he called it, likely gasified wood.
He said on up grades everyone had to bail out and push.

22 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Probably be known to cause cancer in California (only...nowhere else)! :o:P

53 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

....... but of course ....... ;)

What isn't here in California?

Well... Coffee 

Coffee isn't.

The courts said so.  https://www.foodsafetynews.com/2019/06/no-cancer-warnings-required-on-coffee-sold-in-california-after-all/

If we had to buy it I'm sure air would come with a Prop 65 warning.

My Dad tinkered a whole lot with wood gas generators.
He said when the apocalypse came, he wanted to still be able to drive and the world could kiss his ass.
I said the world will just kill you, take your vehicle and they will drive it.

He had one running and it did indeed work.
His biggest problem was particulate contamination in the carburetor.

I was going to suggest building a water filter similar to a hookah... but I figured that wouldn't fly too well with him, so I stayed silent.

15 hours ago, bgavin said:

My Dad tinkered a whole lot with wood gas generators.
He said when the apocalypse came, he wanted to still be able to drive and the world could kiss his ass.
I said the world will just kill you, take your vehicle and they will drive it.

He had one running and it did indeed work.
His biggest problem was particulate contamination in the carburetor.

I was going to suggest building a water filter similar to a hookah... but I figured that wouldn't fly too well with him, so I stayed silent.

They do have a homemade filter system for gasifiers.off hand I don't remember how they are built but they do work

Archived