SASS Wire Forum

Downtown Los Angeles

Subdeacon Joe

I see they had some horse's arses there even back then.:ph34r:

26 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

And the HORSE$#IT has increased!!

Take away the horses and it still looks like the same shithole.

I took this photo in 2019 from the carpool overpass between the 105 and the 110 with my helmet cam. 

It was the only one I took that came out okay. 

image.thumb.jpeg.e7e1278acf51717ede415a3ebbffca79.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

carpool overpass between the 105 and the 110

I see that you use the recently* added "the" to freeway numbers.  

*Recent as in it didn't really become common until the '90s.  A holdover from the days of "The Santa Anna Freeway," and "The San Diego Freeway," and "The Santa Monica Freeway." 

10 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

*Recent as in it didn't really become common until the '90s.  A holdover from the days of "The Santa Anna Freeway," and "The San Diego Freeway," and "The Santa Monica Freeway." 

It’s funny, I have always used “the” in front of road names and route numbers. I find it funny that people think that’s odd. :lol:

42 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It’s funny, I have always used “the” in front of road names and route numbers. I find it funny that people think that’s odd. :lol:

When I left Southern California in the late '70s nobody used it, and I never heard it on any of my visits into the early '00s.  When I got to the San Francisco Bay Area in the early '80s nobody was using it.  I didn't start hearing it commonly until around '05.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

And now you're not far from " The Blue Ridge Parkway" / "The Skyline Drive". Roads you must ride this summer.:D

9 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

And now you're not far from " The Blue Ridge Parkway" / "The Skyline Drive". Roads you must ride this summer.:D

Moving next year.  But I'll keep those in mind.

20 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Moving next year.  But I'll keep those in mind.

Oops, sorry Joe, I clicked the wrong post. Meant it at "Pat Riot" :D. But anyway, if you ride and live near the Appalachians, that highway goes from up in Maryland down the ridge to South Carolina. Excellent riding unless you get behind an RV.

2 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Oops, sorry Joe, I clicked the wrong post. Meant it at "Pat Riot" :D. But anyway, if you ride and live near the Appalachians, that highway goes from up in Maryland down the ridge to South Carolina. Excellent riding unless you get behind an RV.

It's been about 50 years since I've been on a motorcycle - BSA Victor.  

We'll be moving to near Lexington, Kentucky. About 400 miles to Charlotte NC

12 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

It's been about 50 years since I've been on a motorcycle - BSA Victor.  

We'll be moving to near Lexington, Kentucky. About 400 miles to Charlotte NC

The Victor was 500? I had a '68 Lightning. Would like to have one again now that we don't tour anymore. Harleys have dropped so much in resale, I might do better trading for something vintage. A Triumph Bonneville would be fun too!

44 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Do you mean the Blue Ridge Parkway?

Most of America looked like that in the early 1900s.  Everyone seems concerned over global warming but the uncontrolled population growth would seem to be of more immediate concern.

51 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Do you mean the Blue Ridge Parkway?

Yes:)

13 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Yes:)

That is a beautiful drive. You gave me a good idea for a trip this summer. Thank you. :)

Don’t forget that the north end of the Blue Ridge Parkway runs directly into Skyline Drive, running through Shenandoah National Park. The road is great and the scenery, spectacular!!

14 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

a lot of them by the looks of it - but then nuthins changed i guess 

6 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Most of America looked like that in the early 1900s.  Everyone seems concerned over global warming but the uncontrolled population growth would seem to be of more immediate concern.

ill admit to both but im not real concerned with either , nature has a way of correcting itself , dont get in her way she dont like 'know it alls' interfeerin in her business - my take is the climate will change as it will - nuthin we do will alter that 

- if we want to control the population growth someone is going to call it genocide - who thinks they can play god 

bottom line God might have something to say about all this "pretending to be smarter - better - holier than everyone else CHIT" 

but go ahead if you think so - stay out of my life [way]

[ please Larson , dont think this was aimed at you - it was a broad brush response to all that think they need to CONTROLE everyone elses lives] 

16 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Never really thought about it, but noticed I do that. In another post I wrote “ running 99”. I say driving Hwy 1 or driving The Coastal Hwy I left the Republic in 74. 

1 minute ago, Arkansas Jim 107095 said:

Never really thought about it, but noticed I do that. In another post I wrote “ running 99”. I say driving Hwy 1 or driving The Coastal Hwy I left the Republic in 74. 

Yeah. "Take 101 north to 299, go east 20 miles, can't miss it!"  As often as not I call Hwy. 1 "Old Hwy. 1."

Archived