SASS Wire Forum

Trail Boss powder for Sale---All sold

I have several bottles (4) Trail boss powder for sale. I am going back to Winchester 321 or HP38 for most of my loading and will only be loading 44 Russian with Trail Boss at this time. I figured out that I have enough Trail boss at this time to load 19,000 rounds of 44 Russian, so I thought I would offer some of it here. I keep all my powder in a cabinet in a temperature controlled room and have never had any powder problems.

Based on these auctions, I would offer it at $200 for a 9oz bottle and actual shipping cost to your location.

I will meet anybody that would like to save shipping and I am in Southern Illinois about 1/2 way between Evansville, IN and St Louis, Mo. (within 75 Miles).

I am planning to be at the shoot for Lakewood Marshals with it tomorrow.

(Lakewood Marshals,  2344 County Road 1500 East   Rinard , IL 62878

I figured I would offer here first before going to Gunbroker.

I checked Gunbroker for the current prices of Trail Boss Powder and these are the completed Auctions in March.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/977913778 (2 bottles for $400.00)

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/975537123  (1 bottle for $250.00)

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/977291079  (1 5lb jug, $816.15)

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/972521471  (2 bottles for $855.00)

No offense to be meant... But I would guess you won't sell that powder here at those prices, I could be wrong of course. 

Most folks are simply going to switch to a different powder, before paying that.   Are you certified to ship it? Must have a hazmat certification to ship Powder I believe.

I wish you the best with your sell.

Wow.. I’m sitting on a gold mine at those prices.  I’ve got about a dozen bottles…..  

two things.  Quoting gun broker prices for powder and primers are a little absurd.   That’s why the normal person can’t find it.  People buy it then sell it at a huge inflated price. 
the other is you can’t legally ship powder.  Only a seller with a hazmat certificate can.  Lots of those jokers on gunbroker are mailing it illegaly.   

but you do you

13 hours ago, Lonesoms Al SASS37893 said:

Just saw a bottle of Trail Boss at a lgs and he only wanted $50 for it. A lot of people look at gun Broker for prices, but are those selling at ridiculous prices ? Just my 2 cents worth.

In fairness to the OP, yes, those prices are actual completed auctions, not just asking prices.  So he didn't just pull his prices out of nowhere.  To somebody, somewhere in the U.S., his prices would be a good deal.

And in fairness to everyone else, I don't know if anybody here is going to pay that much.  Maybe if you're a Fortune 500 executive, you'd rather pay a few hundred Benjamins for a bottle than take the time to work up a new load with a different powder.  But most of us aren't Fortune 500 executives.

Let's see, $35 a pound for most powders or $200 for just an ounce over half a pound. You could use 6 pounds working up a new load and still be ahead.:ph34r: Not counting primers and boolits.

It's nice to see someone still has some of that over priced stuff left in there inventory Screenshot_20191214-165650_Photos.thumb.jpg.2e8eee100556735a5b23a0ee4d6973a8.jpg

I have federal match magnum small pistol  primers for $10,000.00 a thousand.

Just sayn'

Some folks are undoubtedly thinking "price gouger" and "scalper", but if there are buyers, why sell it for less? I think I paid sixty or sixty five thousand for my house a few decades back, but If I can sell it now for $550,000, why on God's Green Earth would I market it for what I paid for it? Because it's "the Cowboy way"? :lol:

If SouthwestShooter can get $10,000/thousand for primers, why in the world would he settle for $70? I'd sell mine for half his price, AND deliver them, CONUS, if you bought 'em all, because that's "the Cowboy way". :lol:

If you have a .50 BMG, CCI-35 primers are commonly going for a buck apiece.

Here are the two 9 oz cans of Trail Boss that sold for 2 1/4 times the price of silver about a month back. :blink:

Unfortunately, we live in a different world now than we did three years ago, and we're having a tough time accepting it. :mellow:

TrailBoss.jpg

Never used Trail Boss, my issue when I was active was staying just under the Max permitted.  People have different value systems and are willing to pay for things that are important to them.  I have no fondness for auctions, but the market will decide.  An individual would be foolish not to get the best possible return when selling an asset, particularly a scarce one that is in demand. All luck with it.

First, I don't feel anybody was bashing me, I wanted to see what the opinions on the wire for selling the powder and got the information I wanted.

No. this was not an Aprils fools joke.

I sold some of the powder today at the Cowboy shoot and got a call from a shooter that was not present that he wanted the rest so I will meet him at a shoot either next weekend or the weekend after. Thanks for the replies.

I am set up at the Tulsa gun show and have sold most of what I brought at $150 a 9oz can.  It isn't cowboy shooters buying it.  Apparently it is the ultimate powder for loading subsonic loads for suppressor use.

Archived