SASS Wire Forum

WTB .40-70 Sharps BN brass, dies

cowrustler

Count me in.....Shiloh 40-70 SBN.   If I remember the original took a .406 instead of a .408 bullet and case dimensions may be slightly different from modern.   Then there is the is rim thickness to consider so it would behoove you to do a chamber cast to see exactly what you have before you spend a bunch of change I saw a set of dies for sale either on ebay or the 24hrcampfire classifieds not too long ago so keep a watch out.

Check out https://www.ammunitionartifacts.com/unitedstatescartridgecases/4070-sharps-bottleneck . Pricey but available. I have bought other formed brass from them. As for dies, you're on your own. :D

La Sombra

Call these guys, it looks like it is still in stock?

$148. RCBS Set SBN  (not sure if that is the same as BN or if Bottle Neck & Short Bottle neck are the same)

I have bought from them & they were easy to talk to & shipped fast.

https://oldarmsofidaho.com/product/rcbs-40-70-sharps-3-die-set-406-diameter/

Earl, thank you so much. I called for these today and they were closed but left my phone number and I will get back to them. There is only one version of the Sharps bottle neck so I think these are the ones I need. They seem to be a rare item and I do appreciate the help I've gotten here from both you and La Sombra, cowrustler

I just sold my Shiloh Sharps and I have the dies (Lee) new never used some new brass, a box of cowboy loads (20) and a box of Hornady lever (20) as well as some bullets. If you’re still looking, let me know and I’ll put together a price and send pics. 

Couldn't PM you.  

Text me at 864-546-1952

Archived