SASS Wire Forum

Anyone ever used Vectan powder?

Buckshot Bear

Anyone ever used Vectan powder?

Powder is still very problematic to acquire here in Australia, imports still haven't caught up with demand.

I was lucky that at a gun shop in Sydney when I was there last week had just taken delivery of an order and I was able to get the four below.

20230330_102844.thumb.jpg.72f2200c19a5fb6682cb88f74121793e.jpg

Back about 2 years ago I found some Vectan ba-9.  I found loading data online and shot it in 45 acp.  Had to do some playing with it but found a load I liked.  Nice that it is a 1.1 pound can and usually cheaper by the pound than most powders.  Has a distinct smell when you shoot it.

I don't know about their powders but just finished up 5,000 Nobel Primers with only 1 Fail to fire that shell is in the weeds deep in the woods of Oak Ridge somewhere as I can only throw so far :-). Anyway if their powders are that good it should be good stuff.

BB...They will be from Bronze Wing in Maryborough Victoria...been told they have plenty but getting them freighted is the problem into other states.

1 hour ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

BB...They will be from Bronze Wing in Maryborough Victoria...been told they have plenty but getting them freighted is the problem into other states.

Its great news PM that some powders are starting to arrive onshore down here.

I've heard that NIOA's is supposed to be getting a large shipment, but that's been said for awhile now.

I have been taking BA 10 for many years. Is one of the fastest powders on the European market.

Is the preferred powder for CAS loads in Cal. .38  from many European CAS shooters.

13 hours ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

Funny, you Down Under fellas are waiting to get powder in from outside and we're dying to get some Trail Boss from down there.

Desperately waiting for it here as well :( 

Archived