SASS Wire Forum

Proof that any moron can write a blog.

Pat Riot

I was doing a little research on semiauto shotguns and discovered these gems of dumbassery. 

https://www.gunsmithinghero.com/how-to-measure-a-shotgun-barrel/

https://yestactical.com/how-to-measure-shotgun-barrel-length

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Gun-Barrel

Years ago, I worked as the corporate firearms manager for a chain of pawn shops - When the ATF would visit/ audit a location - I would get dispatched to handle interaction with the agent (this was officially to free up the location manager and not interfere with their ongoing duties - it was really to avoid anyone from making stupid comments to the ATF).

Anyways, one agent had a 17 caliber rod that had two marks painted on it at 16" and 18" - he would randomly drop this down the barrel of rifles and shotguns to "verify" that the the rod dropped further than the markings and the barrel lengths were legal.

During his first visit to one of my stores; he mentioned that he was one of the few agents that was actually firearms knowledgable and how he checked barrel lengths regularly because it was important to him to make sure guns were legal.

As we are having this discussion; he drops his rod into a pump shotgun and watches as it falls well past his marking on the rod.

"Good one - that one is legal" - I kind of nod and acknowledge his obvious expertise as I silently observe that EVERY SINGLE long gun in our pawn storage is stored action OPEN - so his high tech and clever measuring rod is falling into the action well beyond the length of the barrel.

Of course, I had another "expert" inform me that the length of a revolver barrel includes the length of the cylinder as well - because on a pistol the length is measured from the rear of the breech; so to be consistent - the revolver must be measured the same way.

It's not just bloggers - There are morons in every walk of life.

Here’s one our local chefs will get a chuckle out of. 

I am pretty sure those articles in my first post and this one are AI (artificial intelligence) generated… or natural stupidity. 

On hard boiled eggs floating.

https://testfoodkitchen.com/why-is-my-hard-boiled-egg-floating/

Where does one aquire the special shotgun measuring tape and does it differ from a common measuring tape?:lol:

The first one appeared to me you have been written by someone who did not speak English, and then translated into English using Google translate.

It read quite a bit like the operating instructions for anything made in China.

53 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Where does one aquire the special shotgun measuring tape and does it differ from a common measuring tape?:lol:

Not sure, but there are various custom measuring devices for various purposes...

s-l1600.jpg

36 minutes ago, Alpo said:

The first one appeared to me you have been written by someone who did not speak English, and then translated into English using Google translate.

It read quite a bit like the operating instructions for anything made in China.

Maybe, but if you’ll notice there’s no name attributed to it. Usually most Asian folks will put their name yo their creation. 

The second one,  I am sure is AI because it mentions “Amazon

partner” at the bottom. Amazon uses bots to write articles and steer people to their products. 

9 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Here’s one our local chefs will get a chuckle out of. 

I am pretty sure those articles in my first post and this one are AI (artificial intelligence) generated… or natural stupidity. 

On hard boiled eggs floating.

https://testfoodkitchen.com/why-is-my-hard-boiled-egg-floating/

Derrr....wat??? That don't make no sense. If it was AI like them other three, it's a different machine. The stupider model.

Then again, I don't have any trouble believing they were made by a real stupid person. Sorry, that came out wrong. I meant a real person that's stupid. But more stupid. Like a stupider stupid person than you know, the reg'lar stupid. Those I see ever' day. Them extry stupid ones, they only come along once in a while.....just kidding, I see them now like every day. Funny, lots of'em have funny middle initials like (D) or (R).......

1 hour ago, Dubious Don #56333 said:

Derrr....wat??? That don't make no sense. If it was AI like them other three, it's a different machine. The stupider model.

Then again, I don't have any trouble believing they were made by a real stupid person. Sorry, that came out wrong. I meant a real person that's stupid. But more stupid. Like a stupider stupid person than you know, the reg'lar stupid. Those I see ever' day. Them extry stupid ones, they only come along once in a while.....just kidding, I see them now like every day. Funny, lots of'em have funny middle initials like (D) or (R).......

Ya know I read this first and it made no sense. 
Then I read the linked article and it made perfect sense!

Thanks!

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

About forty years ago, I and some co-workers came across the instructions for a "Paper 'F' Lock." The 'F' was spelled out as a word which would get me points on this forum. 

We had to read it several times before figuring out the entire page of text was instructions for using a paper clip. :lol: We decided -- after much laughter -- the language was Chinglish.

11 hours ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

Any one notice that first one is by "Jughead Jones"? Any "Archie" fans here?

Ha! Got me. 
I went and looked but didn’t see that 

What I did see was a little black box that says “GUIDE”. I clicked on it. OMG it’s a plethora of stupidity! Several articles all written in the same vane as the original I posted. 
https://www.gunsmithinghero.com/category/guide/

Something else occurred to me.

Could internet sites like this actually be malicious? Malicious in that they give false or misleading information to new gun owners, Information that could cause a new gun owners to damage their gun. Get them arrested. Get someone hurt.

from that page under his picture,

Jughead Jones

It was high school when I made a weapon out of metal (for a school project, obviously). Since then, learning about guns, weapons, and accessories has never stopped. This is Jughead Jones; welcome to my dream page, “Gunsmithing Hero.” Here I will share all my gun hacks, reviews, weapon mechanism, and much more.

53 minutes ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

from that page under his picture,

Jughead Jones

It was high school when I made a weapon out of metal (for a school project, obviously). Since then, learning about guns, weapons, and accessories has never stopped. This is Jughead Jones; welcome to my dream page, “Gunsmithing Hero.” Here I will share all my gun hacks, reviews, weapon mechanism, and much more.

Ah! I didn’t scroll down far enough. 

This is even worse. This guy may be for real. :lol::lol::lol:

Archived