SASS Wire Forum

Howdy from Alabama

Rightangle

Just wanted to say hey yall. Interested in cowboy action, and been infatuated with old west guns. 

Got me a handful of percussion revolvers, and really enjoy shooting those, but need some more of those new fangled cartridge guns, haha.

You can shoot those percussion revolvers in smokeless and BP categories and I hope you do.  However, cartridge guns are nice for rainy days.

Welcome to the place!

Percussion revolvers are legal in EVERY category.  You only need suppository cartridges in the long guns.  

10 hours ago, Rightangle said:

Eclectic, a little northeast of montgomery

cotton mouth cole lives down that way and I know he shoots a couple of places around there

The Alabama State Match is May 4-6 at Cavern Cove in Grant, AL.  You should come up one of those days and check it out.  There will be a lot of shooters there which is a good time to pick peoples brain and see what equipment everyone is using.

13 minutes ago, Lucky Lead Pepper said:

The Alabama State Match is May 4-6 at Cavern Cove in Grant, AL.  You should come up one of those days and check it out.  There will be a lot of shooters there which is a good time to pick peoples brain and see what equipment everyone is using.

Great shoot with great pards! [okay, I will be there too, but ya can't have everything]

You're just two hours north of the Wiregrass Wranglers that shoot at Tri-State Gun club.  There is a match this Saturday (not an April Fools joke) with registration starting at 0800, safety brief at 0845 and rounds down range at 0900.  You'll find super friendly people shooting BP (to include percussion cap) and smokeless.  Plenty of seasoned folks (uh, not this newbie) to steer you in the right direction and answer any questions you can think of.  The potluck lunch after the match is worth the drive itself!

Club information here: https://actionshootingnetwork.com/wiregrasswranglers/event/ 

Saturday's stages and match info: https://actionshootingnetwork.com/event/316/wiregrass-wranglers-monthly-match/

7 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

You also have the Alabama Rangers in Birmingham and the Old York Shootists in Blountsville.  There's a club in Phenix as well, though that might be a bit of a haul for a monthly.

Actually Phenix City is the closest club to Eclectic.

Welcome !! You are right in amongst a passle of great cowboy shooters in AL. Or you could come a little further North to Wartrace, TN. we allow AL folks.

Imis

On 3/29/2023 at 10:06 AM, Rightangle said:

Just wanted to say hey yall. Interested in cowboy action, and been infatuated with old west guns. 

Got me a handful of percussion revolvers, and really enjoy shooting those, but need some more of those new fangled cartridge guns, haha.

Howdy!!

New shooter to Cowboy myself, I'm gonna tell you, find a good club and have at it.

Maybe I got lucky, but I found a great club with some great folks and it is an absolute BLAST.

I ain't fast, I ain't purdy, but I'm smiling from before the first shot till after I'm headed down the road. 

Welcome to the wire!

Rightangle, Welcome to the fire. Hang on for the addiction.:P

Archived