SASS Wire Forum

AR 's are brutal!

Rye Miles #13621

Fun fact .. I just heard on MSNBC that if you shoot a deer with a AR 15… “would be nothing left” .. I did not know that 

41 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

That's because the deer will probably run off, leaving you with nothing. 

That's probably why a 9mm should be used, can't run far without lungs.

30 minutes ago, Dirty Redd said:

Thanks for the explanation Bob , they’ll get it one day.

Ain’t YOU the optimist!! :rolleyes: :lol:

47 minutes ago, Still hand Bill said:

In Colorado an AR in 223 is not legal to use for deer hunting.   Quite commonly used in Iowa when chambered in 350 legend or 450 Bush master.  No surprise that the talking heads get it wrong. 

My favorite AR is my 45 Raptor. Picture a 45-70 in an AR platform. It'll drop the biggest hogs RIGHT THERE! No squeal, no run, just drop. It's basically the S&W 460 Mag round. It's a flipping blast to shoot. 

JEL

Brought to you by the same people that firmly believe a man can have a baby.  There are now lots of pregnant man emoji's so you can express how you "feel."

image.png.855af67e24129c3bf4487a6e85e8e3c1.png

It does not do any good but occasionally I will show someone a .223 and a .30-06 and ask which one is more powerful?  They still believe the .223 is some sort of modern shredder round.

Unknown-1.jpeg.9740dbe79d75adbe552783454ab76ea5.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Brought to you by the same people that firmly believe a man can have a baby.  There are now lots of pregnant man emoji's so you can express how you "feel."

It does not do any good but occasionally I will show someone a .223 and a .30-06 and ask which one is more powerful?  They still believe the .223 is some sort of modern shredder round.

Great, I'm pregnant.

Crap...all this time I just thought it was a beer belly.

47 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I use a 50bmg or 12ga slug.  Then explain how the 223 is not a legal deer round because the conservationists say it does not have ethical kill energy.

In Ohio we’re only allowed to hunt with straight walled cartridges. 

56 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

In Ohio we’re only allowed to hunt with straight walled cartridges. 

I was at a game dinner where a state wildlife officer was the speaker. I pointed out that you could legally hunt der in Ohio with a 38 special but not a 44-40 and asked why. (A round that has probably killed more deer on this continent maybe second only to 30-30) He had to agree that it made no sense but then he didn't make the laws.

6 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:
Fun fact .. I just heard on MSNBC that if you shoot a deer with a AR 15… “would be nothing left” .. I did not know that 

Neither do they.

3 hours ago, Dirty Redd said:

Thanks for the explanation Bob , they’ll get it one day.

No they won't. They don't want to. If you tell them the facts, you'll just confuse them.

2 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Great, I'm pregnant.

Crap...all this time I just thought it was a beer belly.

I must be pregnant too! I'm in my 360th month.

That's the look my precious niece had when she shot her Dad's AR.:D

When my daughter was 7 I bought her a Marlin 60 .22 rifle. At age 8 she informed me that she liked my SKS more. At age 9 my friend let her shoot his AR. She loved it. At age 13 she informed me that my M1 Garand was not only a big gun, but it was “Super Cool”. At age 15 she rocked a 1911 better than most men I know. 

And then we have pansies like that douche reporter. 

With nonsenses like that associated with the name "Gersh Kuntzman", how would any writings he produces be treated?

Could he ever be taken seriously?

A number of years ago - we had a 50bmg Barrett in the gun shop on consignment.

Along with the rifle was a 5 gallon bucket of rounds.

I sold the rifle to a customer that asked that I accompany him to the range to go over the rifle with him - Desert Scorpion :wub: was maybe 10 or 11 at this time and she jumped in the truck to come along.

At the range - I went thru the operation of the rifle, set it up on my tailgate to fire and asked if he was ready to light one off.

He hesitated and I could see the blush of buyers remorse; so I asked him if he would prefer I fired it first so he could see the recoil.  He said yes and I fired a round into the side of the mountain we use as a backstop.

Again I prepared the rifle and offered it to him - again he hesitated.

At this moment, Desert Scorpion piped up and asked, may I shoot it?

So my 11 year old daughter popped off the next round - grinned and immediately asked to do it again.

Accordingly I have very little sympathy for grown adults whining about 223 recoil.

(of course, Scorpion also loves 12g magnums, 357, 44 and 500 magnum as well) so maybe she is not the best example to go off of.

Archived