SASS Wire Forum

Cimarron update: shotguns and 3 vs 4 click

Abilene, SASS # 27489

A couple weeks ago after a Texican Rangers match, I stopped into a Walmart on the way home and I hear "Hey" from behind me.  Turned around and it was Mike Harvey.  I hadn't seen him in several years so we stood there and visited for quite a while.  Got some interesting updates on some guns.  They are still working to get more 1878 hammer guns, possibly by the end of the year. Also still working on the '87 lever shotgun. After getting some of the '87's they received a couple years ago worked on, they decided they needed too much work so sent them back to China.  The newer ones are supposed to be made on new machinery.  As for the 3-click vs 4-click, the Old Model (BP frame) Model P's will remain 4-click.  And now that Evil Roy has retired, and the ER competition guns from Cimarron are discontinued, they will come out with a similar competition replacement that will be called the Arizona Ranger. Tuned by Lonnie Ammann, who did lots of the ERs. Something about "Big Iron" being in the ads. And like the ERs, they will also be 4-click even though they use the pre-war frame.  Thought some folks might find that interesting.  Bear in mind that plans are always subject to change and from experience we know that sometimes months turn into years!   Oh yeah, Mike was buying kitty litter. :D

So that this post isn't entirely about Cimarron, I see that Taylors has added to their 9mm revolvers by announcing a '75 Remington in 9mm.

Mike and Dave.jpg

2 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I see Mike Harvey on the left.  Who is the guy on the right?  The Walmart greeter?  :lol:

That is the OLD  WalMart Greeter!

La Sombra

There are some "Promised" guns we may well never see.  Regardless of some claims.  There has to be a market and that market has to produce profit.  The market for CAS guns is shrinking.  Nothing like it was 10 - 15 years ago.  I would suggest NOT holding yer breath.  Won't look good in Dead Blue after all.

A few years back when all this 3 click 4 click started .

We did not know if you would be able to get 4 click guns anymore. 

So I bought two sets of hammers & Trigers for 4 click guns .

I figured if I ever bought some 3 click guns that I liked , I could convert them back to 4 click guns .

Now I don't even shoot in compilation anymore do to health issues. 

I have so much Cowboy stuff loading stuff and firearm stuff  laying around. 

I should start selling some of it off .

But then again it's always money in the bank .

With this administration who knows what's going to happen anymore !

I might need all this loading equipment and supplies to survive or barter with on day .

Just sayin .

Rooster 

Archived