SASS Wire Forum

I won a Franchi Affinity 3 Shotgun

Pat Riot

I bought a ticket for a Gun Bash a few weeks ago. The Bash occurred Saturday, but I opted not to go. “Winner need not be present to win”. I never win anything anyway. The weather was weird, high winds, so I stayed home. The ticket was for a good cause. A small town needed money for their ambulance program. It was for a good cause so I bought a $30 ticket. 

Well, I won! :D

I won a Franchi Affinity 3 12 gauge 3” shotgun. Walnut and matte blued. I am going to pick it up tomorrow. 

Anyone know anything about these shotguns? 

Congratulations! I don’t know anything about them though. I’ve heard of them but that’s it.^_^

4 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

I have looked at them in stores. Nice looking semi auto.  I think it's only 2 3/4" chamber.  Should be a good bird gun.

Thanks. The card says 3”, but 2 3/4” would be fine with me. :)

I fired some 3” Magnum rounds from a pump gun once. I won’t do that again. :lol:

Of course a semiauto eats up some of the recoil. 

That's great!!! Congratulations on the win. :) I don't know anything about the shotgun though.

As far as the 3" shells, I do know about. Had a Saiga 12 (semi-auto), I say had because it only reliably cycle correctly with 3" shells...my shoulder didn't like them at all. It's beating someone else up now.

Congrats Pat. I have the same luck usually. Although back in the late 90's I went to an NWTF banquet and won 3:D shotguns! A Charles Daly turkey gun in camo, a Mossberg 835 in camo, and an Rem 870 in stained burch! With the NWTF logo on the receiver. That was pretty cool.

I currently have in hand 2 $30 raffle tickets for VT sportsman's federation. One for April, the other for June . There is a gun for each day of the month. It goes by the State Play Three lottery and your ticket number needs to match the lottery pick for that day. Last year remarkably, they drew the same number two days in a row. Lucky sucker.

I don’t have any experience with the Affinity 3 but I do own a couple Franchi shotguns (used to own four of them).  Mine were 3x SPAS 12 and a SAS 12 (pump only version of the SPAS).  As their values went through the roof, I sold two of the SPAS 12s.  

They’re well built (kinda over-engineered imho), reliable shotguns.  My SPAS had an internal buffer that started to get brittle around it’s 20th anniversary, so my advice would be to grab spares for buffers as well as (gas system) o-rings while they’re available.

Congrats on winning… by the way,  the “Affinity 3” is thus named cause of it’s  3” chamber.

I also know nothing about this shotgun, but if the barrel length and sights are Sporting Clays legal and you are in the Sevierville area in the next year, PM me in advance; I won a silent auction for a sporting clays membership. My treat to you!

Good goin' there, Pat!  :)

Franchi's are well thought of guns; I've admired all of 'em since college days.  Personally, I prefer gas-operated repeating shotguns, but the Affinity's "inertia" system is tried and true - think of the Browning A5.  From all I've heard and read you've got yourself a winner there.  (Ha!  "A winner for the winner!")  :lol:

I did finally treat myself to a Franchi a few years ago - an "Instinct L" model O/U.  Love it!  ^_^

Thanks everyone. I am looking forward to picking up my new shotgun tomorrow. After reading up on this gun and talking to a Pard I think this will be a great addition to my gun safe. It’ll run on 2 3/4” & 3” shells. I am thinking that once I pattern it (proper term?) I will take it turkey hunting next month. Maybe, we’ll see. :D

I predict you will love it.  I borrowed a Franchi 20 gauge for an impromptu quail hunt many years ago and limited out in three coveys.  I couldn't miss!

Neither of my Benellis are gas operated.  If the Franchi inertia driven semi auto is at all similar, you’ll be astounded at how fast it’ll operate. 

15 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

That's a nice "Welcome to West Virginia."  This never would have happened in California.  

Yeah, I had terrible luck in California. :lol:

18 hours ago, WOLFY said:

Neither of my Benellis are gas operated.  If the Franchi inertia driven semi auto is at all similar, you’ll be astounded at how fast it’ll operate. 

Since Franchi is under the Berreta brand as is Benelli I believe they are the same action. Choke tubes should interchange as well.

6 hours ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

Since Franchi is under the Berreta brand as is Benelli I believe they are the same action. Choke tubes should interchange as well.

Yep, well sorta. Some Benelli shotguns have the same type of inertia driven actions but not identical. I am literally just now learning about this stuff. 

I believe the chokes are called “Beretta Mobil”. I will have to look later, but I think the gun came with IC, M & F chokes. Beretta and Benelli use Mobil choke tubes as well, mostly.

I found this website and it dawned on me that shotgun companies are just as bad as Ruger when it comes to subtle changes in their guns, like grips and frames. Hahaha

https://mullerchokes.com/pages/muller-chokes-interchange-list

I've had trouble with aftermarket chokes coming loose, I stick with factory chokes. The original chokes were designed for the old standard barrels when they started back boreing the old chokes were to small. That's why so many makers had to design new tubes with a slightly larger diameter. Browning invector which is just the  original Winchoke was to small for the back bored sporting gun so browning made the invector plus

Nice Pat, congrats again. It's always a good thing to win a cool gun. Welcome to the east!

2 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Opposites, really do attract! :huh:

That SG is beautiful :excl:

Uh-huh…and what’s that say about you? :lol:

41 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

At least I have mirrors in my house :lol:

What carnival did you get them from? image.png.9655c4d78e0cbd080729a6ea0be03715.png

Nice looking shotgun!

It's long enough that you could use it a crutch in an emergency or if you wanted to emulate Gene Kelly singing in the rain...or you could just use it for it's intended purpose.:P

I confess to liking short handy shotguns for hunting, Remington Special Field in particular, but a lovely gun, congrats on the win! What makes sense depends on hunting venue and preference.  So far, I have resisted Tactical shotguns, though the  940 JM Pro is tempting.

Archived