SASS Wire Forum

Need help getting a gun stock carved

Robin Trains SASS 80595

Howdy Pards,

I have a (finished) Uberti 1866 butt stock - which I would love to get carved. Anyone have a lead on a decent wood worker who does this work of thing? No laser - but proper engraving.

I am thinking Tombstone film silhouettes, a series of gravestones . .  you know - the usual ;) .

Many thanks! ~Robin

output-c61f78f8-ade7-496b-b169-34df3df87b46_rnxIq3MC.jpeg

images.jpg

I don't know this guy's name, but around ten years ago when I was on Cimarron's road crew he came by our tent at Winter Range and showed his work.  He came by a couple years in a row, so I'm thinking maybe he lived in the Phoenix area ?  Interestingly, this stock bears some similarity to the shotgun you showed above.  Sorry this isn't any help on cantact info, but perhaps someone else will know.

DSC02907-small.jpg

On 3/27/2023 at 1:45 PM, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

I don't know this guy's name, but around ten years ago when I was on Cimarron's road crew he came by our tent at Winter Range and showed his work.  He came by a couple years in a row, so I'm thinking maybe he lived in the Phoenix area ?  Interestingly, this stock bears some similarity to the shotgun you showed above.  Sorry this isn't any help on cantact info, but perhaps someone else will know.

DSC02907-small.jpg

I found this a number of years ago.....     Jose Valencia Studio - Gunstock Carving, Wood Carving

3 minutes ago, PrairieDogPete said:

I found this a number of years ago.....     Jose Valencia Studio - Gunstock Carving, Wood Carving

Yep, that's him!  Thanks.

Willy McCoy:

Rock Creek Armory

1230 Powell Lane

Lewisburg, TN

931-698-3577

You can view examples of his work by searching Rock Creek Armory. Lots of pics!

I could be wrong but the carved forehand and stock shown in the OP's first post looks sort of like Ted Brogden's work.  Either way Mr. Brogden does nice engraving and carving and examples of his work can be viewed on his website.

Archived