SASS Wire Forum

Big 5 Marlin 94cs rear barrel band w sling stud

WOLFY

I’ve a shorty .357 and never cared for the sling studs.  So, the one in the stock was easy to remove, but the forward one might look ugly once I grind it off.

Are they the same as on 336 carbines?  Saw a 336 one without a stud (for $30) but couldn’t tell if they’re the same dimensions.

B20040BF-892A-4AEF-BD5D-F272DA83C9D7.jpeg

2 hours ago, WOLFY said:

Saw a 336 one without a stud (for $30) but couldn’t tell if they’re the same dimensions.

I have been looking for a 336 rear band. Where did you find one for $30, if this info wouldn’t undercut your plans? 

When I was working up my .357 carbine, (2nd from bottom), I was able to order that barrel band (for a Model 1894/336).  The availability of new Marlin parts seems to have dried up.    But, if you find one for a 336 it will fit a '94.   

DSC_0002(3).thumb.JPG.3cfaf9d142427d402c9ef41a51bb94aa.JPG

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have been looking for a 336 rear band. Where did you find one for $30, if this info wouldn’t undercut your plans? 

I found a set including the fwd band on ebay for $65.  Do you want one with the stud attached, Pat?  PM sent with link.

I’ll sell you mine for $30 plus shipping.

32 minutes ago, WOLFY said:

I found a set including the fwd band on ebay for $65.  Do you want one with the stud attached, Pat?  PM sent with link.

I’ll sell you mine for $30 plus shipping.

Thanks. Got link. Responded. :)

14 minutes ago, WOLFY said:

Thanks guys / I got em electroplated locally (so the saddle ring isn’t the only shiny part).

8BCC94D3-1901-4220-9F7C-0E4DF27C084F.jpeg

Looks good! Gives your rifle a little flair. :)

Archived