SASS Wire Forum

separated case removal tool

Flinthills Dawg

Howdy all I think I need a stuck case removal tool for 38 spl, Boogies web site is not in operation, RCD  does not have any to sell. Where do I look to get one??

Ok guess I may have worded it wrong, I'm looking for the tool to remove a separated case stuck in the chamber of the rifle.

4 hours ago, Flinthills Dawg said:

Howdy all I think I need a stuck case removal tool for 38 spl, Boogies web site is not in operation, RCD  does not have any to sell. Where do I look to get one??

Ok guess I may have worded it wrong, I'm looking for the tool to remove a separated case stuck in the chamber of the rifle.

Hey Dawg, if you can’t find or make one let me know. I’ll mail you mine. Use it and mail it back. 

7 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Question,

Do you have a case stuck in your chamber?

OR

Are you looking for a tool just in case?

just looking for the tool to carry in the range bag,, for just in case !

22 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Hey Dawg, if you can’t find or make one let me know. I’ll mail you mine. Use it and mail it back. 

Thanks Hoss I'm not needing one to use , just want one for the range bag for just in case. But thank you for the offer sir!

All you need is a can of Freeze off, cotton patches and squid rod.

Cram a couple of patches into barrel close to stuck case.  Follow directions on Freeze off (this will shrink the brass case) and push the split case out.

I know this method works because I did it 2 weeks ago.  Finding Freeze Off was my biggest problem but Amazon cam thru.

Tennessee Snuffy

7 minutes ago, Flinthills Dawg said:

Thanks Hoss I'm not needing one to use , just want one for the range bag for just in case. But thank you for the offer sir!

They are a handy tool. I’ve used mine twice. Once in my gun, once in a Pards 

Boogie moved from California to Arizona.  I just tried the website and it appears to be working.  He was out for EOT but is home.  I was just over there a couple of days ago.

https://sbgwllc.com

Check with CH4D.  I've had excellent customer service and experience with their dies & etc.  Prices are good too, in my opinion.

18 hours ago, Flinthills Dawg said:

just looking for the tool to carry in the range bag,, for just in case !

Whatcha mean, "in the range bag" ??  Aren't you supposed to carry it on your belt so you can act quickly and save those 8 (or whatever) misses and your clean match?  :D

Boogie's tool did not work for the only separation I've ever had in over 20 years.  That one was a pain to get out (mentioned in a similar thread some months back).  But I like the idea of the freeze spray mentioned above and will keep that in mind (no, I'm not going to carry a cleaning rod and freeze spray on my belt).

2 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Whatcha mean, "in the range bag" ??  Aren't you supposed to carry it on your belt so you can act quickly and save those 8 (or whatever) misses and your clean match?  :D

Boogie's tool did not work for the only separation I've ever had in over 20 years.  That one was a pain to get out (mentioned in a similar thread some months back).  But I like the idea of the freeze spray mentioned above and will keep that in mind (no, I'm not going to carry a cleaning rod and freeze spray on my belt).

Abilene,

Get a Batman-like Utility Belt to carry the rod and spray!

La Sombra

Archived