SASS Wire Forum

John Wick fans

I like the series. Hopefully they can change things up for this one. No way I’m going to a theater though. I’ll wait.

By the way. The Holiday Inn won’t accept these. They still want a credit card. :angry:

Just got back from the theater.  It is long at almost three hours.  When you go to a John Wick movie it is exactly like going to see one of The Expendables movies.  You know exactly what to expect.  Each movie gets more and more improbable.  In this one he is hit by at least six cars, falls out a four story window and tumbles down the longest stairchase in Paris, some 272 steps.  Yet he gets up and kicks butt and kills at least five hundred bad guys.

53 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

This is the gun he uses in a goodly portion of the movie.  The Pit Viper.

TTI_Pit_Viper.thumb.jpg.16a58b20659b81e091ad4e1747a0c4c1.jpg

Yeah…No thanks. 

https://www.bauer-precision.com/tti-john-wick-4-pit-viper-9mm/

I’ll stick with what works for a helluva lot less money. ;)

2 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Just got back from the theater.  It is long at almost three hours.  When you go to a John Wick movie it is exactly like going to see one of The Expendables movies.  You know exactly what to expect.  Each movie gets more and more improbable.  In this one he is hit by at least six cars, falls out a four story window and tumbles down the longest stairchase in Paris, some 272 steps.  Yet he gets up and kicks butt and kills at least five hundred bad guys.

HEY!

He's Canadian, so of course he's tough!

Actually, it's a requirement of being Canadian to watch his movies, Bill Shatner's, Ryan Reynolds', Mike Fox's, Steth Rogan's, Dan George's, Dan Aykroyd's, Jim Carey's, Mike Meyers' and a whole lot more. If we don't, we could face internal deportation to Alert or Tuktoyaktuk, depending on the deemed seriousness of our crime.

Every Canadian taxpayer gets a reminder list once a year with their Income Tax notice of acceptance after they file their income tax.

Just read the specs on the pit viper. Lots of BS there are plenty of comp guns out there more tricked out than this gun and they don’t cost 7k and will shoot better, just goes to show looks aren’t everything

At least 50% of movie goers have no idea of what they’re looking at!!  The more techno/tacticool it looks, the more convinced they are that it’s the gun and not the shooter!!

It’s just like folks think about motor racing.  “If I had his equipment and crew, with a little practice, I could run with any of ‘em!”

And no amount of explanation will convince most of them otherwise!

I LIKE the John Wick movies! Great fantasy entertainment!!!

5 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

At least 50% of movie goers have no idea of what they’re looking at!!  The more techno/tacticool it looks, the more convinced they are that it’s the gun and not the shooter!!

It’s just like folks think about motor racing.  “If I had his equipment and crew, with a little practice, I could run with any of ‘em!”

I refuse to watch those “making of” videos on how movies are made. They completely ruin movies for me. 

Years ago when I was in the Navy we had a guy in our division named Brown. You couldn’t watch any war movie or any western with this guy around. He was Mr Know-it-all when it came to guns and apparently the military strategies of all armies throughout the history of the world. It got to the point where we’d turn off the berthing compartment TV when he was around when SITE TV was playing movies in the evening. We were so stoked when this guy made E-6 and he hung out in the First Class Lounge. 

Movies are fantasy, for the most part. They’re an escape. 

If movies were reflective of real life, the second John Wick movie would have been about his return back to health after all the bodily damage he sustained in his first movie. :lol:

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

HEY!

Actually, it's a requirement of being Canadian to watch his movies, Bill Shatner's, Ryan Reynolds', Mike Fox's, Steth Rogan's, Dan George's, Dan Aykroyd's, Jim Carey's, Mike Meyers' and a whole lot more. If we don't, we could face internal deportation to Alert or Tuktoyaktuk, depending on the deemed seriousness of our crime.

Every Canadian taxpayer gets a reminder list once a year with their Income Tax notice of acceptance after they file their income tax.

You are required to watch Seth Rogan and Jim Carey?  You have my sympathies. 

Looking forward to see John Wick 4.  It is as believable as most other action movies.

36 minutes ago, sassnetguy50 said:

You are required to watch Seth Rogan and Jim Carey?  You have my sympathies. 

Looking forward to see John Wick 4.  It is as believable as most other action movies.

We have our own version of those two!!

Will Ferrell!!  If he was all that there was to watch, I’d sell my TVs and never darken the door of a theater again!!

12 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

We have our own version of those two!!

Will Ferrell!!  If he was all that there was to watch, I’d sell my TVs and never darken the door of a theater again!!

I never said any were good: Just that we had to watch them or suffer the consequences and I've already been to Alert and Tuk.

17 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Suspension of disbelief is a requirement. Usually I’m pretty good at that. ;)

20 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Each movie gets more and more improbable.  

What? An improbable Hollywood movie? Say it ain’t so! :lol:

18 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

HEY!

When I was in the army in Germany in ‘68, they had a pre- release showing of The Green Berets at the post theater. It was free and we were required to go. It’s a good thing Duke wasn’t there. He would not have been pleased at the laughter. :lol:

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

When I was in the army in Germany in ‘68, they had a pre- release showing of The Green Berets at the post theater. It was free and we were required to go. It’s a good thing Duke wasn’t there. He would not have been pleased at the laughter. :lol:

We saw it in MD before shipping out.   A buddy was one of the VC that stormed the  fire base.  They used his OCS class when they filmed at Benning.  The class gave him a fancy Bowie knife as a gift.

21 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

This! 

I enjoy the John Wick movies. #3 a little less. Some people will never like a movie of this type. Really like how they threw in some of the 3 gun tecniques with rifles and shotguns.  Everything I've seen about #4 is very favorable if you like these movies to start with.

On 3/24/2023 at 9:55 PM, Blackwater 53393 said:

Describes a lot of SASS shooters doesn't it. All they need to do is buy tricked out race guns and they'll cut their stage times in half. ;)

Archived