SASS Wire Forum

Shotshell reloading

Hoss

I get that same pinhole in my AA's with that wad and 14.4 gr WST and 7/8 oz (on a Lee LoadAll).  Doesn't bother me a bit.  I'm using 7 1/2 shot instead of 8 so they won't leak :)

7 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

That's about what I get too. A tad less crimp on my STS and just a tad more on my AA with the same wad.

I will give it a try.

Thanks

TM

10 minutes ago, Texas Maverick said:

I will give it a try.

Thanks

TM

When I check them, if the pin hole on the AAs seems a hair big, I just put a small drop of Elmer's on the hole. Mostly I load STS however. 

34 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

I get that same pinhole in my AA's with that wad and 14.4 gr WST and 7/8 oz (on a Lee LoadAll).  Doesn't bother me a bit.  I'm using 7 1/2 shot instead of 8 so they won't leak :)

I use reclaimed shot so it is a dukes mixture. LOL 

TM

I only load STS (or Nitro) and they look pretty much like yours. Haven't figured out why every so often I get that little "swirl" in the crimp, but they don't leak, they chamber check fine and take down the KD's so all is good for me. 3/4 oz #7.5 shot, Claybuster CB0175-12 wad, Remington STS primer, 15 grains Clays. When I did load AA on my old press (Sizemaster) I had to set the pre-crimp down a little to get rid of the pin hole but when I switched to the STS that made a pretty good swirl on all of the STS hulls. Then AA went to the two piece hull and that created some other problems so I now stick with only one type hull.

Just a guess that the AA is a hair shorter hull.

YMMV

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Archived