SASS Wire Forum

Baseball 1961 Pinstripe Power

Baseball, 1961, Mickey and Maris, 61 homers and the World Series. 1961 has always been special for me in Baseball. It was the year most of us boys had transistor radio's and had many bathroom breaks so we could listen for a few minutes on updates and almost everyone on the school bus had their radio turned on to Baseball Broadcasts Channels on way home.

Blue Jays for my Father and I.

Back to back World Series wins 1992 and 1993

I thought my Dad was going to have a heart attack or at least jump out of his skin.

I was pushing for Maris although I liked Mickey. Roger was with the Cleveland Indians for a couple years (58-59) That was a great homerun race!

Mine was the ‘69 series when the Mets took it from Baltimore!

I had psycology class and the teacher was from Baltimore.  After they won the first game, he started bragging that the series was over.  I bet him that the Mets would win the series and if they didn’t, he could fail me for the semester!

He countered with if the Mets won, he’d pass me with all “A”s!

:lol: :rolleyes:

Mel Allen, voice of the Yankees on the radio in the Summer.  That was before A/C was common in homes so windows were open.  Mellow times.

After thought:  If you didn't know there is this https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g49785-d272291-Reviews-Roger_Maris_Museum-Fargo_North_Dakota.html

Archived