SASS Wire Forum

Rank Points Could be Back

48 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

That wouldn’t keep me from shooting there!

All jokes aside, the World Shooting Complex is a fabulous facility. There are twelve dedicated bays to shoot CAS with high berms and easy access. They also have hundreds of camping sites and bath and shower facilities. I’ve been there many times and STILL haven’t seen the whole place!

The only negative at this point is a lack of hotel/motel facilities really close by.

It’s far more centrally located, geographically, and there are numerous permanent on site facilities that can be used for related activities!!

And you will be closer to your recliner after the ER visit :)  
I hear your points joking aside but weather end of Feb early March is well unpredictable I am sure its nicer than here but travel  and event may take a back seat to weather .

That being said Illinois legally isnt quite as Firearm friendly as AZ  and that seems to change monthly . I am really surprised somewhere in Texas hasnt made it home 

And since we are having fun, how about changing an old rule.  A shooter can have possibly 20 misses, and maybe a safety, and maybe also a procedural all on the same stage, but the shooter can't have 2 or 3 procedurals on a stage.  Shooter shoots revolvers, rifle, and shotgun, that has a sequence, and can only get 1 procedural.   Why?

22 minutes ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Nope East of Mississippi river Cowboys in 1800's were not a thing east of Mississippi :) 

That was then this is now :D

4 hours ago, Lone Spur Jake SASS #7728 said:

Why?

For the same reason that a seven shot Ruger Single Six in .32 is illegal but a seven shot Commie Nagant converted from double action to single action is legal.

1 hour ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Shall I really stir the pot and say its still 90% true as most the closest they have been to a bull is a t-bone steak ?

Heck I encounter bull every day in here…

image.png.1a7de3272bf5ce6aef1b3d856fc76a2d.png

12 minutes ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

No you encounter whats left behind by that Bull , Dont put that on the grill :)

Look! There’s some now! :lol::lol::lol:

11 hours ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Shall I really stir the pot and say its still 90% true as most the closest they have been to a bull is a t-bone steak ?

We’re not real cowboys so does it really matter? I’d venture to say that very few real modern cowboys shoot SASS anyway so your point is moot!

I would bet that there are probably more SASS shooters EAST of the Mississippi. 

14 hours ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Nope East of Mississippi river Cowboys in 1800's were not a thing east of Mississippi :) 

What about the 'cracker' cowboys of Florida?:o

Frederic Remington seemed to think that they were cowboys.

516q8cAOo9L._AC_SX425_.jpg

On 3/23/2023 at 8:11 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Hey let's go "WOKE",  just forget the categories and everyone just gets a trophy and a belt buckle!:P

Aren't we pretty much already there minus the 'woke' part?

18 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

EOT should be at Akron, Indiana where SASS is! (Plus it's only 5 hours from where I live! )

See you there in 2027.

Actually, my home state of Tennessee produces more beef than fifteen states west of the Big Muddy. This includes Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Wyoming, Colorado, and California!

Kentucky and Florida produce more beef than Tennessee!!

Many of my friends raise cattle and at one time, I did too! Herded, roped, branded, ear tagged, doctored, castrated, and butchered ‘em as well birthed and bottle fed the ornery critters! All of that in Tennessee and Kentucky!

The cattle industry moved from east to west with the settlers, just as improvements in breed and breeding, management, and health moved east to west.

Most of the old west cowboys that weren’t Native American, black, or of Mexican heritage came west as well!!  All of this from about 1865 ‘til the turn of the century!

On 3/23/2023 at 5:15 AM, Yul Lose said:

I’m identifying as a lady b western from now on:P

I was thinking of going Classic Cowgirl but considering every female shooter I know is faster than me, it wouldn’t make a difference. 

1 hour ago, Cholla said:

I was thinking of going Classic Cowgirl but considering every female shooter I know is faster than me, it wouldn’t make a difference. 

I’ve been considering Buckaroo, but the last time I shot a match, all of them beat me!!

Reckon I’ll have to come up with something else!! :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

What about the 'cracker' cowboys of Florida?:o

Frederic Remington seemed to think that they were cowboys.

516q8cAOo9L._AC_SX425_.jpg

At one time, Florida was the largest beef producer in the US. Still in the top ten in the US.

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

At one time, Florida was the largest beef producer in the US. Still in the top ten in the US.

And Florida supplied most of the beef used by the Confederate Army during the Civil War.  Historically, the beef industry  has been very important to the Florida economy.

North Florida, along with Lower Alabama and South GA, were also big in the timber industry in the 19th century.  The live oak used to build the USS Constitution came from islands off the south GA coast.  John Wesley Hardin was caught in north Florida where he'd been hiding out in the lumber camps. Bear in mind that, even today, the difference between northern Florida and LA or South GA is mostly just a line on a map (and what the exact shade of red or orange and blue is on the college baseball caps).

Cholla and Blackwater, when was the last time you signed up at any match and someone questioned the category you signed up in?

Anyone ever ask you for your ID?

Go have some fun at a match!!!!! 

1 hour ago, Lone Spur Jake SASS #7728 said:

Cholla and Blackwater, when was the last time you signed up at any match and someone questioned the category you signed up in?

Anyone ever ask you for your ID?

Go have some fun at a match!!!!! 

Years ago, I had a old fart dressed up like Roy Rogers approach me prior to a local match declare that I couldn't shoot the then new Classic Cowboy category- because I was wearing a straw hat from Sunbody.  (Come to find out, he was a TG at another club and was quite full of hisself.)

You shoulda seen the look on his face when I told him that it was convenient since I'd signed up to shoot Duelist- just like I always do- instead of a costume category. :lol:

On 3/23/2023 at 9:49 PM, Oak Ridge Regulator said:

There’s gotta be a rabbit down this hole somewhere, I just know it

Yes, but in order to reach it, you first need to put a table with tablecloth, and an upside down top hat over it. 

You're welcome.

21 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

And Florida supplied most of the beef used by the Confederate Army during the Civil War.  Historically, the beef industry  has been very important to the Florida economy.

I remember that!

I was with the 27th Georgia at the time.

DSCF0034 (2).JPG

Archived