SASS Wire Forum

Broken Concrete In Front Of The Post Office!!

Blackwater 53393

Many of ya’s know that I’m getting around on a knee scooter because of problems with my foot.  This morning, I stopped at the post office to mail a part to another cowboy.  Some guy had parked his truck in the handicap spot and I had to go around it to get into the building.

As I made the turn onto the ramp in front of his truck, one of the front wheels on the scooter caught the joint in the concrete and I went over the handlebars, head first onto the sidewalk!

I’m now laying on a gurney in the emergency room waiting on results of a CT scan.

The Postal Service will probably sue me for damaging the sidewalk!!

I am all right. We’re just making sure!!

(the first one of ya’s that puts one on them damned sad face emojis on here, I’m gonna jump outta the screen on your device and strangle ya’!!)

C7DCF1FA-2431-436F-A2DA-CFB6D2402E90.jpeg

:o :rolleyes: :lol:

YOU DUMBKOPF!

What kinda damage have ya done to the sidewalk?

It'll take months ta get that fixed!

I hope they sue yer a$$ off fur the damage ya've done to that there sidewalk!!!

Better?

14 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

(the first one of ya’s that puts one on them damned sad face emojis on here, I’m gonna jump outta the screen on your device and strangle ya’!!)

:(:(:(

First , Glad you seem to be okay . Second challenge accepted stop laying there :)

50 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Many of ya’s know that I’m getting around on a knee scooter because of problems with my foot.  This morning, I stopped at the post office to mail a part to another cowboy.  Some guy had parked his truck in the handicap spot and I had to go around it to get into the building.

As I made the turn onto the ramp in front of his truck, one of the front wheels on the scooter caught the joint in the concrete and I went over the handlebars, head first onto the sidewalk!

I’m now laying on a gurney in the emergency room waiting on results of a CT scan.

The Postal Service will probably sue me for damaging the sidewalk!!

I am all right. We’re just making sure!!

C7DCF1FA-2431-436F-A2DA-CFB6D2402E90.jpeg

:o :rolleyes: :lol:

Jeezus Blackwater, you can't make this stuff up! That will feel refreshing in the shower! Did you thank the guy in the parking space or was he legitimately parked there?

Sorry to hear that, I tripped last year and had to get 15 stitches in my scalp. Get well and don't harass the nurses.

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

the first one of ya’s that puts one on them damned sad face emojis on here, I’m gonna jump outta the screen on your device and strangle ya’!!)

Man!  The brass it takes to issue a challenge like that to THIS crowd!   :lol:

I’ll be waiting. Do you like smoked pork loin? :D

Seriously, glad you’re okay enough to glare at the camera and issue challenges. I hope you heal up soon and the scan comes back okay. 

When I needed a knee scooter after foot surgery the medical supplier gave me a POS scooter with hard plastic wheels. When I had my second surgery I bought myself one of these. 

All Terrain Orthomate Knee Scooter by TKWC INC - 8" Pneumatic Wheels - Great for Outside and Indoors - Steerable Knee Walker - No Tools Setup https://a.co/d/6VitVZJ

Hey Blackwater, you can sue the government.  Constitution says so.  That will give you something to do while you recover.

;)

All questions should be answered here!  

The guy in the pickup was parked in two spaces, partially occupying the handicapped parking spot and into the one next to it.  At least he DID come over to check on me while I gathered my wits and then he held onto the scooter so that I could get back up.

I wasn’t doing anything out of the ordinary.  If I’d done what I normally do, I’d have jumped the curb in front of the car. As it is, I took it for granted that the pavement was clear and it turned out not to be.

Schoolmarm was with me and I never lost consciousness. I WAS madder ‘n’ hell.  She’s suffering from a ruptured disc and shouldn’t drive, so I took myself to the emergency room.

They treated the road rash and gave me a tetanus shot.  They did a CT scan on my head and neck. They didn’t find anything, ( don’t say it! ) no bleeds, no fractures.  Gave me a prescription for any aches and pains and released me “on my own recognizance”.

I’m home now and propped up in my LazyBoy.  I got a bottle of Proper 12 that I might just crack open here in a little while!

B7F636B4-8AE6-49EF-AB4E-07ACE4B929BB.jpeg

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I’ll be waiting. Do you like smoked pork loin? :D

Seriously, glad you’re okay enough to glare at the camera and issue challenges. I hope you heal up soon and the scan comes back okay. 

PAT!!  When you feel that tightness in yer goozler, don’t say that I didn’t warn ya’!!! :angry:

22 minutes ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Looks more like one of Schoolmarm's skillet marks, but I'll go with your story.

My father tripped going out the back door and hit his head on the concrete stoop. When people asked what happened he always said, "My wife, her 2x4, none of your damn business".

Blackwater, you have my permission to use Daddy's statement.

52 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I’m home now and propped up in my LazyBoy.  I got a bottle of Proper 12 that I might just crack open here in a little while!

That's good therapy.

Heal well pard and sue the $&@“ out of them! :angry: I think you’ll win!

Some of ya’s had better make sure you turn off your computers and phones before you go to sleep!!! :angry:

I’m seeing too many, (one’s too many) sad emojis!!  I’m gonna git ya’s when you least expect it!!

All jokes aside, I’m really doing well and I appreciate the well wishes! 

I generally don’t take my own advice very often, but I put this up so’s you’d all be careful out there!! ;)

Dammit, don't you go challenging my position as official faller-downer for SASS.  I got a 54th degree black-and-blue belt for falling down.

BTW, haven't I told you not to break a fall with your face?  (And don't break then with your guitar picking hand, either.)

Stay in touch, Hoss.

Add an eye patch and earring to the last pic, change out the Proper 12 for some good rum, and play pirate for the next day or two. ;) 

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Heal well pard and sue the $&@“ out of them! :angry: I think you’ll win!

Blackwater, this is good advice but remember...they'll be the ones mailing you the check!:o

Seriously though, heal up quick and I hope the goose egg on yer noggin don't get too big.

Oh yeah, almost forgot :(:(:(

Being in a wheelchair for the last 40 plus years, I have learned one thing...Never speed around a government building...They are the worse offenders of level...Too much paper work the get the job done right....Even then it takes a contractor 5 years to do the job...

Texas Lizard

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Seriously, what size skillet did she use this time?:lol::lol::P

She has a ruptured disc at L4/L5! She ain’t swinging no skillets right now!

HELL!!  I’m doin’ most of the cookin’ right now! :rolleyes:

OH! In all of this, I forgot to mention that they put another cast on my foot this morning.  It’s healing up nicely. The wound shrunk 75% in the last week!!

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Seriously, what size skillet did she use this time?:lol::lol::P

Based on the size of the mark, I figger about a Number 10.:D

Probably an older one, too.  The new ones have a raised rim on the underside and a logo in the middle but the marks for such are missing.

2 hours ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

Add an eye patch and earring to the last pic, change out the Proper 12 for some good rum, and play pirate for the next day or two. ;) 

Been thinking about getting my old ear piercing opened back up!! I was poking around in my gun room the other day and stumbled across an old jewelry box that had several of my ear rings in it! There were a pair that were Black Hills Gold wolf drums with three feathers on ‘em, (I bought the pair because they wouldn’t sell just one) and I think I’d like to use ‘em again!

I got a drawer full of old bandannas that I wore on my bike and for the first couple of years shooting SASS!

NOW! The eye patch??  Not happening!! :lol:

6 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

PAT!!  When you feel that tightness in yer goozler, don’t say that I didn’t warn ya’!!! :angry:

I’m skeered…what’s a goozler?:D

That’d be your neck, you…. you….FLATLANDER!!  :lol:

I once dated a Bip Lip girl and when she put on lipstick, my forehead looked like that after a wet kiss.  :lol:

If you had been wearing your Cowboy hat, it probably wouldn't have scuffed you up so bad.  ;)

Seriously, I hate that happen to you.     Has TN Williams been hanging around you lately with them chicken feet?

..........Widder

6 hours ago, Texas Lizard said:

Being in a wheelchair for the last 40 plus years, I have learned one thing...Never speed around a government building...They are the worse offenders of level...Too much paper work the get the job done right....Even then it takes a contractor 5 years to do the job...

Texas Lizard

Plus they work by the hour and so does the inspector. 

10 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Has TN Williams been hanging around you lately with them chicken feet?

..........Widder

Now that you mention it, I was talking to him on the phone Tuesday evening!!

Hmmmmm! COULD BE!!

Archived