SASS Wire Forum

Marbling, It's Good For You

Subdeacon Joe

I have to admit that when I saw the title of the thread, the first thing I thought of was beef marbling. 

For some reason, the second thing I thought of was a wrist rocket and a marble when I was a kid.:ph34r:

A god friend who was a biologist and bow Hitler told me fat is essential in the diet. 

My wife's cancer doctor told her that eating fat doesn't make you fat. 

For instance, he said that drinking skim milk is more fattening than drinking whole milk. I asked him why. He said the skim milk has all the butter fat removed, and it is predominately now just milk sugar, or casein, as it is called. He said the whole milk has the butterfat in it, and less milk sugar. He said that most people gain weight when they drink only skim milk, but can lose weight when they drink whole milk. 

He also said there could be more nitrates in a helping of celery, than in a helping of bacon. He said if we cut down on nitrates, our bodies will produce them anyway. So...so much for nitrate free bacon. Bacon lovers can celebrate. 

Just relaying what my wife's cancer doctor told her. Take it as gospel, or take it with a grain of salt...or salt substitute, as you see fit.

10 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Bob, you need to turn off your spell check and get new glasses!  

His keyboard’s drunk. 

3 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

I have to admit that when I saw the title of the thread, the first thing I thought of was beef marbling. 

For some reason, the second thing I thought of was a wrist rocket and a marble when I was a kid.:ph34r:

Holy Cow! Great minds…

I thought the same thing. :lol:

SCREW MERGING!

21 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

That usually results in broken screws and messed up threads.

That explains some of the things going on around here. :lol:
Of course I would say “loose screws result in messed up threads” :lol:

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

A god friend who was a biologist and bow Hitler told me fat is essential in the diet. 

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Pretty sure that his "God friend" is a good friend, but "bow Hitler" has got me completely confused.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Pretty sure that his "God friend" is a good friend, but "bow Hitler" has got me completely confused.

Bow hunter

3 hours ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

razzin' the SF trooper , tends NOT to be good for your health at times 

CB :P

Bob’s in the Space Force? :D

18 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

How happy am I that it wasn't just me that got confused with the German murderer from Austria.

47 minutes ago, Forest Gun Germany said:

How happy am I that it wasn't just me that got confused with the German murderer from Austria.

It was only a brief puzzlement.  At first reading I read it as "bow" as in "Please bow your heads in silence."  Then I realized it was "bow" as in "a shaped stick whose ends are joined with a taut string and used to propel arrows." That made the next word "hunter" rather than the name of a failed painter. 

Isn't English a wonderful language?  :lol:

51 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Ok I get that the marbling is good stuff. What about the big chunks?

5D8C22DA-36C7-4B57-A8BF-CBC5FF7C8ECD.jpeg

I think that it adds to the flavor and insulates the interior of the cut from over cooking.

I'm with T. Bubba, I think cottage cheese makes you fat.  The only people I see eating cottage cheese are fat people.

Did you know that fat people are at a much lower risk of being kidnapped than a skinny person?  It would take 4 to 5 good stout men to kidnap a fat man and a good sized vehicle to put him in then get away.

i dont care if its gonna kill me or if its good for me - i just like it and ill continue to eat it till i die , i love fish prepared right , i love pork and poultry but beef is my first choice 

Archived